This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another First World Problem

When late morning hits, we break down to just one coffee for the day, either a light roast or a dark roast. It prevents excessive waste since we don't sell nearly as much after the morning rush.

Yesterday, I was running the front of the house, so I broke down to just a light roast. Two minutes later, this SC comes in.

Me: Hi, what can I get for you today?
    SC: A large dark roast with about a dozen ice cubes.
    Me: I'm only brewing a light roast right now, but it's very good. Is that ok?
    SC: WHEN WILL THE DARK ROAST BE READY?!?!?!?
    Me: Ummm...it won't.... We're only serving light roast for the day now.
    SC: NEVER MIND!!!

And he walked out in a huff.

First World Problem: I want dark roast, but the coffee shop is only serving light roast!
    Here's your sign...

I'm telling you, don't get between some people and their coffee of choice. It's dangerous to your health (and sanity).
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's called get an iced americano and stop your bitching. Besides, most of the people who ordered light or dark couldn't ACTUALLY tell the difference if they didn't know.
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
        It's called get an iced americano and stop your bitching. Besides, most of the people who ordered light or dark couldn't ACTUALLY tell the difference if they didn't know.
        Not when they add 12oz of half and half and 2.5 metric tons of sugar.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I just know it tastes good when I douse it in sugar.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            As someone who does put a lot of sugar and cream in coffee and can still pick out some of the nuances.....I AM NOT OFFENDED AT ALL. Because it's TRUE.
            My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Heh. I put a lot of cream and sugar in my coffee as well. Usually because I drink it at work, and it's lousy coffee. But it's free, so I don't complain.

Comment

Sounds like the customer needs a chill pill, not more caffeine!

I wouldn't know the difference between a light roast and a dark roast if it bit me. Doesn't matter anyways, because I'm just gonna dump a bit of chocolate or sugar and some milk in it anyhow.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I could tell the difference, but if they didn't have dark, I'd take the light because IT'S STILL COFFEEE!! GIMMEEEE!!!

*ahem*

So sorry.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Funny, I actually prefer light roast because dark roast is too bitter. Of course when the need for caffeine strikes, you'll find I'm not too choosey so long as it's relatively fresh.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                      I can tell. Mostly because I need to add more sugar and half and half. I treat coffee as a socially acceptable way to have dessert with breakfast, can you tell?
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

What's really annoying about his behavior is he freaked out and stormed out just as I was about to offer a free espresso shot in his coffee. It's our store procedure to please the dark roast lovers. If he hadn't been such a Mr. Impatient Pants, he could've benefited in the end!
                        Here's your sign...

Comment

If he can tell the difference, I can understand the annoyance. still no need to be so rude.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          I have friends who thinks I'm insane because of how I take my tea. Long Steeped so it's very strong, then a lot of milk and 3 lumps of sugar. It turns otu a lot of people don't think you should put milk or sugard in tea.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                            If he can tell the difference, I can understand the annoyance. still no need to be so rude.

I have friends who thinks I'm insane because of how I take my tea. Long Steeped so it's very strong, then a lot of milk and 3 lumps of sugar. It turns otu a lot of people don't think you should put milk or sugard in tea.
                            You must be here in the US. In the UK, strong sweet tea is the answer to all the problems of the universe Find out your husband is cheating on you with the barmaid at the pub? Have a cup of strong sweet tea. Get run off tthe road by a lorrie driver? Have a cup of strong sweet tea. Find out dear uncle Monteford died of a heart attack while with a hooker? Have a strong sweet cup of tea. Trip at a theme park, fall on your knee, and have to be taken to your car in a wheelchair so you can go to casualty for x-rays? Have a cup of strong sweet tea first (the last one actually happened to me

Madness takes it's toll....
                            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              Funny, I actually prefer light roast because dark roast is too bitter.
                              not if it's roasted in an air roaster.
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X