This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some More...

Apparently I'm supposed to be Line Police now and babysit the line while I'm trying to do everything else as well. My CWs and even my parents make fun of me for being so intent on the single customer in front of me that I can't focus on who is in the line. Plus our registers are set up in an awkward way so there technically can't be a single line, there's just some kind of weird ordered cluster mob of people. I DON'T BABYSIT THAT.

Setting the stage: There is no line. A woman is at my CW's register and he's having a problem with her order. I scamper on over to him and figure it out in about a minute. After I turn back around to my register there is a man standing there counting out 1.75 to buy a bottle of pop. I walk over, he hands me the change I hit the button and he's out of there. After he walks off (his transaction was literally less than a couple seconds) a huffy looking woman comes up to my line and here's what she said:

"EXCUSE ME, MA'AM! I was standing over there for THREE MINUTES and HE got served BEFORE ME!"

Now when someone is this weird...I just pretend they didn't say anything at all. So I just asked her if she had a rewards card and treated her as if she hadn't said anything. She huffed and mumbled her "Nevermind." when she left. Her transaction was only a few seconds too.

Note to all customers: If you're going to stand in a "line" behind one register, don't be surprised when someone jumps in at a different register because they're closer than you are. You should stay far back enough that you're at an equal distance from the registers in use so that you have the ability to choose which one. Also: I can't see you behind the racks. I'm tiny and you're 3 or 4 inches lower than me which makes you hard to see. GET OVER YOURSELF AND POLICE YOUR OWN PLACE IN LINE.

So What Do I Do Now? I Can't Get Gas?

No Mr. I-think-it's-a-good-idea-to-pay-with-a-100-at-a-gas-station. You can't get gas until I can get you 80 dollars because you only want 20 on a pump.

I did end up teaching one guy a lesson the hard way though. He handed me a 50 for a 5 dollar purchase. I handed him 15 ones along with a bunch of fives. He seemed rather put out.

Why is it so hard for people to realize that no convenience stores in this state have alcohol in them? They seem dazed. Like they have no idea where any alcohol could possibly be because there's no such thing as a beer store in their states. I know there are beer stores in your state, buddy, you can't fool me. I'm FROM THERE. So don't look at me all wide-eyed because we don't have your favorite tall boy in our back cooler. You go down this road right here and on your right is a bar where you can get a six pack. Okay? Okay. We're done here, get out of here and stop trying to tell me that it's BS that we don't have beer.

We have but one lottery register. I know the Powerball is some ridiculous amount of winnings but that doesn't make my predicament any different than usual. You still have to go to THAT register to make your lottery purchases.

Me: You'll have to go down to that register for Powerball.
    SC: You can't just walk over there?
    Me: No.
    SC: Why not?
    Me: Because it would be impossible for me and my CW to use the same lottery machine at the same time.
    SC: This is outrageous...

Water, water, everywhere, but no Dasani--Christ it's a travesty.

Dasani is on sale. We don't have it. Surprise surprise, everyone bought it. A woman comes in and I'm walking past. This woman kept saying it "DIE-sani."

SC: YOU DON'T HAVE DASANI.
    Me: ...*looks at the cooler door* We have the--
    SC: AAAAAH AAAH AAAH (that noise rude people make when they want you to shut up) NO. THE ONES ON SAAAAALE. GO LOOK IN THE BACK.
    Me: ...................................... *walks into the back of the coolers and stands there for about a minute. It feels nice because it's cold. I come back out."
    SC: IS THERE ANY?!
    Me: ....no. *walks away*

When she went up to the counter she said to my CW. "I GUESS I'LL JUST HAAAAVE TO GET THIS WATER SINCE THERE ISN'T ANY DASANI."

Your last customer reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's stand up on water.

"Yeah, I know I can get water free from any tap, but I'd like to pay for it."
    Also, I've never heard of a state without beer in convenience stores. I know some don't carry liquor, but I'd be honestly surprised if I walked into one in your state. Of course, I wouldn't be a cock about it, either.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      SC: YOU DON'T HAVE DASANI.
      Me: ...*looks at the cooler door* We have the--
      SC: AAAAAH AAAH AAAH (that noise rude people make when they want you to shut up) NO. THE ONES ON SAAAAALE. GO LOOK IN THE BACK.
      Me: ...................................... *walks into the back of the coolers and stands there for about a minute. It feels nice because it's cold. I come back out."
      SC: IS THERE ANY?!
      Me: ....no. *walks away*

When she went up to the counter she said to my CW. "I GUESS I'LL JUST HAAAAVE TO GET THIS WATER SINCE THERE ISN'T ANY DASANI."
      Anyone else old enough to remember when water didn't have brands?

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

"Beer stores". You must be in Pennsylvania.

Comment

What is it about beer that makes people so freaking unreasonable? (Or alcohol in general.)

Seriously, what the flipping jackalope face smashing hell?
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Yeah it makes me happy to give someone $95 in fives when they pay for their $2 breakfast sandwich with a $100 when I just did a change run 15 minutes ago and fives are litterally the biggest thing I have

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              Presumably dasani doesn't come out of a tap on an industrial estate like it did in the uk and then got pulled from the market when sales plummeted as a result of that news.

Comment

Dasani launched badly because of poor research (Coca Cola usually does better... "spunk" for a UK brand? really?) and never recovered. The treated tap water brouhaha was never confirmed nor refuted, but a later bromide issue pretty much scuppered the whole endeavor, and they bought a well water bottling company over there, instead, which is what was provided at the Olympics as Still Water.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  Yeah . . . the only brand we had growing up was TAP.

But our city water lately is not that great, so I buy by the case. Usually it's whatever brand is the cheapest that week (here lately it's been our store brand, which is even cheaper than WM.)
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

They've done taste tests here and our city tap water always comes out on top. I find that highly suspicious.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth NoLongerAShoeDog View Post
                      "Beer stores". You must be in Pennsylvania.

Quoted for truth.

We get a lot of people coming into the area asking where they can buy booze.

"Beer or liquor?"
                      *Gawking look, wondering why they have to get beer and liquor in separate stores*

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                        It's too bad you didn't have one bottle of Dasani left that you'd earlier smeared liberally with brown paint. Then when she said that you could have said "Oh, wait! Here's one more I just pulled out of my ass!"

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Yeah . . . the only brand we had growing up was TAP.
                          What about River (tm) and Stream (tm) brand water. We had those growing up as well, back when we were all too young and stupid to worry about germs and such
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I need to go to the ancestral village and start marketeering Benson Well Water: Contains Iron! and Iodine! and Hydrogen Sulfide!

Testimonial by my sister: "I brushed my teeth with it for years with no problems."
                            Last edited by dalesys; 08-14-2012, 11:41 PM.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                              What about River (tm) and Stream (tm) brand water. We had those growing up as well, back when we were all too young and stupid to worry about germs and such
                              I quite enjoyed Garden Hose (tm) myself.
                              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
                              X