This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Well, 'round these parts (I reckon), pretty much any store that ends in "Mart" also carries firearms and ammo. Our laws on that sort of thing are... interesting. To the best of my knowledge, it is legal to openly carry a AK-47 here if you have the proper state and Federal and/or Military firearms permits...

There's a reason History (or was it A&E) started doing a reality show about a gun shop that's based out of Luuuuziana ^_^
    I think that's because of the size. Bit hard to conceal something like that unless you're Captain Jack Harkness.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      I think that's because of the size. Bit hard to conceal something like that unless you're Captain Jack Harkness.
      Just cause something is big doesn't mean it doesn't get shoplifted.
      Remember record albums? Those huge lps (what are they, 12 inches by 12 inches?. Someone I knew in high school had a relative (whom she would have gladly disowned) who walked into a store, and walked out with a stack of 25 of those things. Since he did it so openly, so nonchalantly, everyone just assumed he'd paid someone else and was legit, no one stopped or questioned him.
      Of course, nowadays it's harder, with security systems & all, but not all shops are that sophisticated, even now.

Oh, and even larger, I once heard of somone walking off from a garage sale with an outboard motor - each of the two people running it assumed the guy had paid the other one.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        Remember record albums? Those huge lps (what are they, 12 inches by 12 inches?. Someone I knew in high school had a relative (whom she would have gladly disowned) who walked into a store, and walked out with a stack of 25 of those things. Since he did it so openly, so nonchalantly, everyone just assumed he'd paid someone else and was legit, no one stopped or questioned him.
        Of course, nowadays it's harder, with security systems & all, but not all shops are that sophisticated, even now.

Oh, and even larger, I once heard of somone walking off from a garage sale with an outboard motor - each of the two people running it assumed the guy had paid the other one.
        Pfft, amateurs.

This guy was ballsy enough to create HIS OWN BARCODES which he would then bring to store and stick to items to get discounts...oh yes and he just happens to be a MILLIONAIRE.

http://consumerist.com/2012/05/targe...the-cheap.html
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
          Um... I wasn't talking about shoplifting though. Although if someone has a pocket big enough to shoplift an AK47 I'll be impressed. (not to mention that they're usually kept behind the counter)

Excepting of course the Captain...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            Um... I wasn't talking about shoplifting though. Although if someone has a pocket big enough to shoplift an AK47 I'll be impressed. (not to mention that they're usually kept behind the counter)

Excepting of course the Captain...
            My bad. Somehow saw the comment about the AK47 being too big to conceal, and my brain jumped to someone walking out of the store with one,
            guess I'd skimmed the earlier post - or not had enough coffee

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X