This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unintentionl pwnage

I didn't even recognize it enough to post it right away; this happened a few days ago. For the last couple of years we are supposed to have been asking every single customer if they have coupons. I guess it was to show we care that they save money. Or something. Anyway, if they shop our company enough, they get sick of being asked and respone with a sarcastic "No; do you have any coupons for me?" It's exactly the same response, in exactly the same mocking, singsong voice. I hate it, but the times my face showed my displeasure I received daggers for it, for the grave sin of not finding it funny or clever. (Well, they say they are just being funny, but I'm smart enough to know that's bull; I can recognize a mocking tone.) Anyway, I've adopted a straightlaced answer, as I feign ignorance to the mockery. I simply answer that we don't keep extra coupons in the store. Most shut up after that, though there are the few who do the "I was just kidding" routine. I ran into this the other day and added a twist: I became more enthusiastic about the coupons, saying I didn't know why we didn't have them in the ad, and we should, and did she know that she could use a store coupon on top of a manufacturer's coupon? oh, and I should have said yes to offers when I signed up for my store card but I didn't and now I don't get coupons in the mail, but I do get them on my phone, though there aren't many at a time, but at least I don't have to clip them, 'cause I'm so bad at using the coupons I clip, and on and on.... She was a sourface at that, with a tightly-closed mouth. Mock me and I actually do the sales part of my job to the fullest.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Good for you!

Comment

UUUUUGH I hate where you have to ask/say something and the regular customers get snarky with you. If you don't like it TELL CORPORATE. I don't like saying it any more than you like hearing it, but if my manager hears me NOT say it I get in trouble, okay?!

So glad I left that job.

Comment

Working...
      X