This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may be in a fugue state if...

First a little background, my pharmacy in a shopping center that has, among other things, a grocery store, Subway, chinese food place, etc. It also has a locally owned restaurant named Martins at the other end of the shopping center. Anyone that has worked in a pharmacy will tell you that when you come in to get an rx filled usually the first question asked is if you have had anything filled in the pharmacy before. The following exchange occurred between me and a 40 something woman:
    Me: pharmacist
    fsw: 40 something woman

Me: How may I help you today?
    fsw: I need to get this prescription filled.
    Me: Have you ever had anything filled in this pharmacy before?
    fsw: No but I've eaten at Martins.
    Me:

Congratulations, you have mastered the art of masticating.

I can't say as I've had that, but I get a lot of people who think buying stuff in the front of the store = filling a prescription with me, therefore I should have a file set up already. Sorry madame, we are not in the info gathering business. A little too Soviet for us.

Comment

Are you a doctor?

NO, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

*rolls eyes* I always hated that ad. Maybe that lady is the ad exec who came up with it. "But it doesn't make any sense!"... "I DON'T CARE! We're going with it!"
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        Are you a doctor?

NO, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
        :
        hehehe...Did anyone see The Sentinel with Kiefer Sutherland and Michael Douglas that came out last year...it was product placement galore...I saw 2 Starbucks cups (one cold, one hot), a nicely framed shot of the Subway sign in a mall food court, and in one scene they are interviewing Secret Service Agents, and they ask the one guy if he feels he has been adequately trained for his job, and he says "No, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night."

(If you haven't seen the movie, I don't recommend it. Just watch 24 instead.)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh, wow. That just hurts to think about. I hate pharmacy customers, they cause the worst problems. This is why when I worked at a pharmacy, I worked the front registers, with videos and cigerettes instead of prescriptions.

People always whine about asking their ages, their address, etc. Sorry we just want to make sure no one steals your identity.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Similarly, I have to ask people when they check in if they are Hilton HHonors members.

A common answer is, "No, but i have a Marriott card."

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
              Similarly, I have to ask people when they check in if they are Hilton HHonors members.

A common answer is, "No, but i have a Marriott card."

Our local library cards are the same color as the BN member card - I used to see a lot of library cards
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X