X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a small thing,

...but it's kinda important.

If I'm going to be tutoring you for a half hour to an hour, please brush your teeth. I'm most effective when I'm not trying not to throw up every time you speak.

..and use some mouthwah too.

Comment

Certainly it cant be as bad as Spongebob when he had a Peanut Onion Sundae?

Throw gum when they have their mouth open and pretend its a game?

Stank breath is no joke.

Comment

Also, if you have just come back from sports practice, please shower, or at least wash your armpits. I will also be happy to wait a few minutes while you get out of your sweaty clothes into clean ones.

Comment

I think I'm going to take the "monkey see, monkey do" approach and eat an Altoid then offer one up. That way I can always say I was just being polite and sharing if someone gets offended.

Our tutoring center is free to students as part of the school's retention program. Since our school gets it's funding by how many students graduate, not how many are enrolled, it looks bad on me if I get a complaint. Besides, us tutors have almost no advertizing budget so we rely on word of mouth.

Comment

Ewwww. I always make sure i brush my teeth whenever I know I'll be near someone, dr., hair appt, stuff like that. People are just gross.

Comment

The thing is that sometimes I end up at the cabin in the middle of the woods without a toothbrush for an entire week. Yet my mouth still does not come within 10% of how gross some people's mouth/teeth look! And even that clears up quite a bit after I eat harder fruits like apples and pears. (PS. I hate the soft pears).

Do they never brush their teeth? Do they only eat soft mushy stuff? Do they never look into the mirror?

Comment

Quoth The Masked Tutor View Post
                I think I'm going to take the "monkey see, monkey do" approach and eat an Altoid then offer one up. That way I can always say I was just being polite and sharing if someone gets offended.
                You can probably do that with deodorant too...

My wife told me an old nurse's trick is to get some nice, but strong smelling hand cream. You can hold you hands near your mouth, or, if it gets really bad accidentally smudge some up on your upper lip.

Comment

Don't use altoids. They're too strong and not enough people will take you up on it. Go for something with wider appeal like Wriggly's, Fruit Stripe, Dentyne, Tic Tacs, or something. If you're really desperate, keep a variety on hand. I've found those dessert flavor gums have a really strong scent and are sweet enough that the student might go for one. Especially the strawberry shortcake flavor.
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

MENTOS! Do the entire obnoxious thing the people in the ads would do. Flick you head back while you pop one in your mouth then give the cheesiest smile you can muster and tote the tag line.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                      the tag line.
                      "MENTOS! Because your breath f***ing stinks!"

That's the right line, correct?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        "MENTOS! Because your breath f***ing stinks!"

That's the right line, correct?
                        EXACTLY!
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                        X