This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takes one to know one! Long...

I refuse to serve one young man at work. Heres why and what happened with him last night...

Back 3 years or so ago when we has gas pumps and we pumped the gas he got banned because he sped into the lot and did other stupid stuff. Me and the other employees got tired of it so we told him to stay out until he rew up.

After a few months he finally talked to me and promised he was be better behaved so we let him shop there again.

He slowly started going back to his old ways but I hardly ever seen him since I am on midnight shift now. He would come in and act like an ass but then I wouldn't see him for a month.

But 2 months ago he started coming in every night or two. One night he had punched a guy in the mouth before he got to the store I work at. His hands were bleeding and he dripped blood all over. I didn't see the blood until he had touched a few things. I told him about it but he acted like it was not a problem.

Like 2 nights later I am outside having a smoke and could hear him screaming and cussing like a block away and getting closer. He was on his cell phone screaming and cussing at someone. I go back in the store, he comes in walks in a circle still screaming and cussing into the phone. He goes outside then comes back in, he did this 3 or 4 times. I finally told him to get going.

The next night he came in with his "babys mom" who dumps him after he hits her, or busts up her place but then takes him back. He bought a blunt wrap and walked out. I asked her what she needed and he came back in and told me "stop macking on my girl!". I told him I only asked what she wanted. I also wanted to say I would never touch something he has had sex with but didn't.

A few nights later he came in and wanted me to give him a pack of smokes and a few blunt wraps and he would pay me back. I told him no, he told me a co-worker does that for him. I still refused and told him I will report the co-worker and the boss can watch the video and see if he was doing that. He called me names and came real close to being banned again.

Next night he is back fighting on his cell phone and wanted me to let him plug it in to charge it. I told him no. He called me an asshole and said my co-workers let him. I tell him I am not them and the answer is no. He called me names again and seemed he wanted to fight so I told him he is done and not to come back, I had to pick up the phone and start dialing 911 for him to leave.

He tried a few times to come back but I always tell him to get out and I pick up the phone.

Well last night he came in with a few people and I told him to get going. He tried arguing with me and an ex-coworker, he told us BOSS told him he was allowed to shop there. Well see the boss/owner and his dad the old owner have the same names. So everyone calls the boss by his second name and his dad by his first. Everyone still thinks the dad still owns the place. So I took it as he either talked to the owners dad or he was just talking out his ass. I told him what BOSS says doesn't matter because I refuse to wait on him and I was the ONLY employee.

I had enough so I pick up the phone and dial 91... and he takes off. Not 20 minutes this grown 20+ year old man has sent his mom down.

She wants to know if he was causing problems. I told her he is banned while I am working. She asks why so I start telling her. I meantion the blood and she wants to know why that is a problem. I ask her if she would buy something that has a STRANGERS blood on it. She refuses to answer and says I am an asshole and just have something against her son. I tell her it takes one to know one. She tells me she will be in to talk to BOSS about me and how no one in the end of town she lives likes me. After she left I looked at my ex-coworker and tell him if that is my biggest worry then I am doing pretty good. Her end of town is the "trashy" end of town. All they do over there is fight, get drunk, shoot each other, make their yards into junk yards and garbage dumps, etc....

The owner came in this morning and I told him what happened and that I still refuse to wait on this guy. He said well.... and just then a customer came in. He never get back to that... So was he going to say well just go ahead and let him back in, or what I "think" he meant.... Well if he is going to be a jerk and asshole then he can stay out... I will keep going by that last one until told otherwise.

Though if he tells me I have to wait on this guy I am going to hand in my 2 week notice. And tell him I figured it up, between me, my sister, and brother-in-law we spend close to $200 a WEEK there. That is not counting the drinks, snacks, etc I buy while I work 6 nights a week. That will be gone too.

I can almost guarantee that this guy is getting the cigarettes and blunt wraps for free. That co-worker is the type that will let him get away with that crap.

Well, good on you for standing your ground. Make sure your boss is on the same page as you. I dont see why his current behavior isnt good enough to get him banned again. CoWorker may want to watch himself. Maybe hes intimidated by him? Either way, that definitely needs to be addressed.

And seriously, Blood everywhere? Not only gross but dangerous too. Im hoping that product he touched was thrown out. Im betting the cops could have gotten him on a charge for that. Making merchandise unable to be purchased b/c its contaminated, you could have asked him to pay and then called when he did not.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, i havent had coffee yet. Good luck.

Comment

About the blood. I made him buy the items that had blood on them. But I had to clean the counter and floor.

Also I heard some disturbing news last night. One lady that comes in a lot was in last night right after and I told her what happened.

Her boyfriend(husband?) that she has 2 kids to left her to live with one of our towns prostitutes. She went to the doctor the other day to have "EVERY freaking STD/etc" test done. She said the doctor told her that hepatitis is running rampant in our county.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
        About the blood. I made him buy the items that had blood on them. But I had to clean the counter and floor.

Also I heard some disturbing news last night. One lady that comes in a lot was in last night right after and I told her what happened.

Her boyfriend(husband?) that she has 2 kids to left her to live with one of our towns prostitutes. She went to the doctor the other day to have "EVERY freaking STD/etc" test done. She said the doctor told her that hepatitis is running rampant in our county.
        Very likely from people sharing needles. Eww.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't even want to visit the town you live in! I feel I'd be safer in the Australian wilderness!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Wow. The thing that just has me gobsmacked is that he sent his mom to fight his battle. I would've been like, "Well lady, since you're so devoted to your son then I guess you won't want me serving you either, so get out."

I love how "tough" and "punk/gangsta" these guys try to be but as soon as there is someone willing to stand up to them they deflate and have to either A) get their posse to help them or B) MOMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!! THE STORE CLERK WUZ MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN TO MEEEE.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Hey now, I thought part of being Gangsta was loving your momma... Of course, there's a big difference between respecting the woman & getting her to fight your battles, I guess he's still working on that bit
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The thing is.. Around the same time I kicked him out I heard his name on the police scanner. Why?

He beat the snt out of his dad. Yet mommy still thinks he does no wrong.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  Hey now, I thought part of being Gangsta was loving your momma... Of course, there's a big difference between respecting the woman & getting her to fight your battles, I guess he's still working on that bit
                  Yeah. Love your momma and beat the snot out of the momma of your baby. Makes total sense for these punks. (Sorry, the only true gangsters are the true classics, that's my opinion on that matter.)
                  My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
                    He would come in and act like be an ass but then I wouldn't see him for a month.
                    Corrected for your convenience.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                      Yeah. Love your momma and beat the snot out of the momma of your baby. Makes total sense for these punks. (Sorry, the only true gangsters are the true classics, that's my opinion on that matter.)
                      Ah, I see the problem. Gangsters-- the fedora-wearing Tommy-gun-packing wise guys-- and gangstas-- fashion victims with chromed-up 'gats' stuck in their waistbands and questionable taste in tattoos-- are two different breeds.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Ah, I see the problem. Gangsters-- the fedora-wearing Tommy-gun-packing wise guys-- and gangstas-- fashion victims with chromed-up 'gats' stuck in their waistbands and questionable taste in tattoos-- are two different breeds.
                        I suspect that if the gangsters and gangstas went up against each other, the gangsters would easily win.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I suspect that if the gangsters and gangstas went up against each other, the gangsters would easily win.
                          Yeah. Let the gangsters take the gangstas for a little ride, and teach them about cement overcoats and sleeping with the fishes. Or the proper use of the horse head.
                          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Small update: Ex-coworker was at a place near his house and the idiot was there too and bragged that he talked to my boss and his dad yesterday. He said they told him he was allowed in.

I get to work at 9pm and ask my coworker if the idiot was in and he said he was and that he is allowed back in. I refuse to wait on him. I work 6 nights a week, 4 of those nights I am the only one there.

The boss and his dad were in again this morning and neither said a word to me. I am guessing he will have something to say tomorrow since today was truck day. He didn't want me to leave and screw them.

If he tells me that the idiot is allowed in I am going to say ok but I have way tooooo much stress in my life. If he is allowed in then I need to go from 58 hours a week to 40. I need to stop doing the order book that I only offered to do until his dad was better after his stroke. But now it seems it became my job. And no more looking around Wednesday nights to see if we are low on anything so he can order it for the Friday truck.

My nerves are shot. I had my hand on the counter doing paper work and my fingers were pounding the counter. I could not stop them. I lifted my hand and they moved even faster. I had to hold them for a while until they stopped.

I know he will get pissed. But I no longer care just as he doesn't care about us. He has never cared. If you get sick all he wants to know is how soon until you can work. He will look up the illness online and tell you a shorter time than the doctor tells you. The ex-coworker I meantioned had a bad infection and had over half his intestines removed. He still has 3 hernias that need removed. Our boss said he should be back in a week or two. The doctor said for at least a year he is not allowed to bend over and pick ANYTHING up and and the guy is now on disability.

I had a real bad colon infection. I couldn't move without pain and for 2 days if I laid down or sat down I could NOT get back up without help. It hit me out of the blue. Went to bed fine, woke up for work. PAIN!!! Cried as I got ready thinking I would get moving and the pain would lessen, NOPE. I got to work and within 1 hour I was leaving and went to the ER. I left the ER and got my meds and took them in the parking lot. I got home and laid down and slept. I woke up and could NOT get out of bed. I was that stiff and hurt that bad. Thank God I don't live alone.

All he could do was call and keep asking when I could be back to work.

I hope he gets mad enough and hits me, he almost hit a coworker about a year ago. If he hits me I will sue.

I only stay because I do not drive. And I can not see myself working fastfood. But I guess anything would be better if it came down to it. If I drove and had a good car I could make $43 an hour as a laborer for a customer that comes in every morning that owns a custom concrete company...

Sorry for the long post...

Comment

Are you and all the other employees having to deal with this stupid kid? Every single 1 of you could maybe approach the owner and tell him outright that you refuse to service this gangsta and go on strike maybe. He'll be backed into a corner. What's he going to do, fire everyone so no one can work at the store? And if they do fire you, its probably for the best. Obviously you have a boss who cares only about the almighty dollar alot more than his employees, so why not take some sort of action? I'm not sure if you can do this in a business, but can't your company file a restraining order against the kid? Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X