This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But I Hardly Ever Use This Lot!"

Well, that certainly would fit the evidence available, Sir, Seeing as how according to our records you last parked in this lot in August, 2011.

And prior to that, you parked here twice in one week in June, 2010

And according to our records, those 3 tickets you received as a result of you parking here, where you have no permit to actually park, were never paid. So, they're now delinquent, and are going to be $50 each instead of the $15 they would have been had you paid them up front.

And it'll be another $15 for the ticket you just got 10 minutes ago, since you still don't have a permit to be here, and that meant you had 4 outstanding tickets total, which is why this truck hooked your car and picked it up while you were inside that sandwich shop over yonder getting lunch.

Hope it's a really really yummy cheesesteak, as it just cost you $230 between the drop and all them there tickets.

Yes, we CAN go back into the record books, as far back as 2004 if need be to pull up tickets that the various deadbeats around here haven't paid.

What, you think we just throw em out after a while because they're too stale? Heck, they're like fine wines! They get sweeter the longer it takes me to serve em' to you!

And speak of the devil, later that very day I responded to a property owner complaint about a derelict Chevy Caprice Classic that's been rotting in his parking lot for the last 6 months that he wants gone.

Lo and behold, according to our records, that car also had $100 worth of delinquent unpaid tickets from 2011. So when we find the owner, not only will it cost him $250 to send that old iron land yacht to salvage, he'll have to pay those tickets too.

P.S. - I like when I get the rare old RWD car, they're easy to tow away!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Ahhhh....That made me smile.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Yes, we CAN go back into the record books, as far back as 2004 if need be to pull up tickets that the various deadbeats around here haven't paid.

What, you think we just throw em out after a while because they're too stale? Heck, they're like fine wines! They get sweeter the longer it takes me to serve em' to you!
      I love this, makes me think of a wine cellar, except instead of wines, you have parking tickets.

"Which would you like sir? The '05 Forged Permit or the '08 Parking In A Disabled Zone Without A Permit?"
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

<cos>"Soon as I hit the tree, I remember I'm in trouble, 'cause in my glove compartment I've got 10 old moving violation tickets, which are like savings bonds: the longer you keep them, the greater they mature, you know..."</cos>

You must love my old Chevy Blazer, then. Especially when I leave it parked in 4WD mode. Ain't moving that without a flatbed. I started doing that when the truck got towed from a space that it was legitimately parked in: the first two spaces belonged to the business on the corner, but the laundromat thought it owned the entire lot and would tow cars from those spaces as well.

(Also saved my butt once. I got downstairs about 15 minutes late for alternate side, and saw the traffic enforcement car parked behind my truck. It was too late to avoid the ticket, but the cop said if I moved it now it wouldn't get towed. Said he was waiting for the flatbed; if the regular truck could have handled it, it would have been gone already. The city stopped towing cars after Mayor R. was sent to jail and his sweetheart deal with that particular towing company came to an end... they'll still ticket you if you don't move, though.)

Admittedly it's a pain in the butt when the truck has to be towed because it won't start, as then I've gotta wait for the flatbed, but then that's one reason I pay extra for AAA Plus, flatbed service is included at no extra charge.
        Last edited by Shalom; 09-06-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

"But I Hardly Ever Use This Lot!"
          And every time he does he gets a ticket. One would think he'd figure it out ... but o well

the first two spaces belonged to the business on the corner, but the laundromat thought it owned the entire lot and would tow cars from those spaces as well.
          any repercussions against the laundromat for that?

Comment

We had to 'argabarga' a car last week.
            Thurday before last I look up to see a purple Cavalier, smack in front of our store, parked all crooked, taking up 2 spaces with the hood up and a bunch of teenagers bouncing around it.

Couple hours later all the teens pile into another car and take off.

Friday the car is still there, all day. We close for the weekend. Monday morning car is still there. Landlord inquires as to if we know who the car goes to. Nope. I relate my observations.
            Landlord and boss confer and call towing company on the 'Parking for clients of plaza only' sign. Car goes bye bye on back of tow truck Monday afternoon.

Late the following Friday I get a call:

"Uhmm, do you remember a purple Cavalier in front of your shop? Uhm, did you see who stole it?"

I gave them the towing company's number.

But seriously, who just leaves their car in a parking lot for over a week, without giving a heads up at least.

Can you say 'storrage fees'

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
              "Uhmm, do you remember a purple Cavalier in front of your shop? Uhm, did you see who stole it?"
              "No, for some reason the local thieves don't tend to leave their names."
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

No one stole the car. It was towed for illegal parking
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

"But I Hardly Ever Use This Lot!"
                  "But you did, which is why I'm going to hardly have to tow you right now, unless you hardly pay the drop fee."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I gave them the towing company's number.

But seriously, who just leaves their car in a parking lot for over a week, without giving a heads up at least.

Can you say 'storrage fees'
                    The same type that does give a heads up and is using the parking lot as a way to hide the car from a repossession at a 7-11. The only way that the owner found the car was the fact it was parked wrong (it wasn't a distinctive car). He showed me (and the cop who was in the store because we were about to have it towed) the repo papers and all was well. Until the SC came back, wondering who stole his car and threatening me with legal action due to letting them repo the car.

Comment

Nigh onto 40 years ago, my car got towed with my dog in it. What da fark?? I was legally parked and ever'thang.

It was for unpaid tickets. WTF? I always parked legally!

Then (after cleaning out the checking & savings accounts) I opened the glove compartment... Seems every time my then husband borrowed my car, he'd fail to plug the meter. On purpose. He just stuffed the tickets in there, and expected them to disappear, I guess. He never mentioned them to me. As Hermione would say, What. An. Idiot.

That marriage lasted 2 years. Oh, and you know how some people think credit cards are Magic Money? He did that with checks. We had about $40 in overdraft fees every damn month - and back then, the fees were only $8.
                      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Early '90s, my dad got a parking ticket somewhere in downtown Philly. He was parked in a no parking zone...but there wasn't a sign. At least not one facing the right way! We came back to the car and found the ticket on the windshield. My uncle told us not to bother paying it--the city was (and probably still is) so far behind that there's no way they'd enforce it. Months later, an official-looking letter arrived in the mail, and we all had a laugh. Seems that the city was bitching over the unpaid ticket...and my dad replied saying that we no longer owned the vehicle in question. A year later, another letter, and another ignoring it. Didn't stop the city from sending *another* letter, which was ignored as well. Nothing ever happened and the fine was never paid.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Just curious, but why are RWD cars easy to tow? I would have thought it would be easier to tow a car when the driving wheels are OFF the ground (i.e. FWD with the front end on the hook), and that cars would normally be towed with the rear wheels on the ground, since the complications of the front wheels being able to swivel for steering would make things difficult if it were towed with the front wheels on the ground.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've had one parking ticket myself so far back in 94 or 95. However it was just $5 since it was issued by the college's hired security guards and not a police officer.

Of course that also meant it wasn't on my driving record, and technically paying it wasn't a legal requirement either. I did pay though, because the ticket was justified (I had parked between spots). And likely if I hadn't, the college would have held my final grades etc.

These days tho, the college has merged with the state university system so they have police officers instead of guards. So parking tickets are probably the real deal now. Although when I returned to the same college I didn't bother trying to find out.

Nigh onto 40 years ago, my car got towed with my dog in it. What da fark?? I was legally parked and ever'thang.
                            Was the dog OK at least?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Just curious, but why are RWD cars easy to tow? I would have thought it would be easier to tow a car when the driving wheels are OFF the ground (i.e. FWD with the front end on the hook), and that cars would normally be towed with the rear wheels on the ground, since the complications of the front wheels being able to swivel for steering would make things difficult if it were towed with the front wheels on the ground.
                              I'm not a tow driver,, but I thought the reason a FWD car was towed from the front was because the wheels were locked because the vehicle was in park. By the same token, a RWD would be easier to tow because most people pull forward into parking meaning they can just hook and go. The real wheels may be locked from spinning but the front tires won't turn because they are locked by the steering wheel lock. Or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X