This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeheehe, Fire Lane Pwnage!

So, since we as security will be working for a private company and not as mall employees, we can't write tickets until we learn if the company has made a deal with the local PD. We haven't been writing tickets for the last week.

But,

Coworker was approached by a pissed-off lady debating the meaning of a 'fire lane' because she apparently got a ticket while her car was sitting in one. Our fire lanes either have signs, yellow curbs, or both. Signs are 2-types stating 'fire lane - no parking' and 'fire lane - no stopping, standing, parking; towing enforced' Well, she didn't seem to feel that the fire lane was up to HER definition of a fire lane, whatever that may be, and wanted us to take the ticket back.

Only,

We didn't write it! Based on where she was parked, I'm assuming that a local police officer stopped-in for lunch and ticketed her while he was there, which the mall has given them full reign to do.

Heeheehee.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Local mall

The mall near me has a private service that can not write tickets, instead they record the licence plate and warn people to move to proper parking.

What people don't seem to realize is if they catch for the third time, they don't talk to you they call the cops.

Watch one silly person argue with the monitor and then sit smuggly in his illegal parked car as the monitor walked away. But from my angle I could see him holding a phone in-front of himself so the car hog could not see him calling the police.

Guess who showed up in a low profile police car a few minutes later.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Guess who showed up in a low profile police car a few minutes later.
      ... Zombie Jimi Hendrix?

Comment

Based on where she was parked, I'm assuming that a local police officer stopped
        I can imagine she was even more pissed off when she found out she couldn't brow-beat the employees into removing her ticket.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          I can imagine she was even more pissed off when she found out she couldn't brow-beat the employees into removing her ticket.
          I can only imagine how pissed off she got when she found out the "my taxes pay your salary!" line did NOT get the cop to remove the ticket.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I love that. She doesn't think it's a fire lane, so the ticket doesn't count? Nice.

So if I pocket something in a store because I don't think it fits my definition of "theft," I guess they can't have me arrested, right? Right??
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or she doesn't think it's a loading zone, so it's OK for her to park there?

Hope it's a poorly-designed one, where the trucker has to angle it in, and CAN'T see the back of the truck due to a projection of the building. Bonus points if she's in the car gabbing on her cellphone.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                I can only imagine how pissed off she got when she found out the "my taxes pay your salary!" line did NOT get the cop to remove the ticket.
                I want a police officer, sometime, somewhere to respond to that statement with:

Oh really? So do mine! And as a tax payer I'd want someone breaking the law by parking someplace where it clearly says they shouldn't to be ticketed and punished for doing that. So, here is your ticket, have a nice day.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I wish the police would come by my store more often for that reason. So many people park in our fire lane every day, it seems to be a personal parking spot! My managers will tell these drivers to move. The drivers will do so but once the manager is back in the store, they park FURTHER down the line on the fire lane. Their cars should be booted and towed, and if the police want a bigger budget, they can make some good money ticketing these morons!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    We didn't write it! Based on where she was parked, I'm assuming that a local police officer stopped-in for lunch and ticketed her while he was there, which the mall has given them full reign to do.

Heeheehee.
                    I'm curious. Could the mall stop them writing tickets for people parked illegally on their turf?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      I'm curious. Could the mall stop them writing tickets for people parked illegally on their turf?

Rapscallion
                      I don't know, I suppose they could, but maybe the safety of the fire lane would superceed it being private property, as the property has to conform to regulations what with having signs and painted curbs and such. In any case, that area is so abused that we NEED the police to put the fear of (insert god/goddess of choice here) in these drivers!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I suspect that the mall could prevent the police from ticketing the fire lane, but not the fire department (or whoever handles that) from hitting the mall with a fine for allowing it to be blocked.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

not sure how though. i mean "private property" perhaps but... then again we can't use "private property" claims to prevent police from entering to arrest people so... i'm not sure if it would hold up for tickets.

at any rate it's probably a better idea to keep relations smooth with both the police and FD anyway.

Comment

Yeah, they're the sort of people you say mostly "Yes sir" and "no sir" to.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                            X