This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MadMike View Post
    Gotta love these people who think they're right and the rest of the world is wrong. I used to live with one, after all.

At my old supermarket job, many of the cases had reminders printed on them to rotate the stock by moving the older stuff to the front and putting the new stuff behind it. Apparently that wasn't always being done, however. I had to work a different aisle one day, and noticed that the newer stuff was in the front, rather than in the back like it was supposed to be. In the back was some product that was a couple years past the "Sell by" date.
    I have noticed this for years . . . as part of my job consists of weekly cleaning/rotation checks (we have certain sections we do each week on a semi annual basis, meaning that we've checked each section twice in a year's time.)

Just today, I was checking dates on granola bars/breakfast bars and fruit snacks. . . our stockers don't rotate hardly at all, as judged by my combing out a 12 foot section and having an overflowing shopping cart of out of date product to scan out of inventory.

Now had somebody from corporate come in and saw those dates on the shelf, heads would have rolled . . .and they'd been coming for mine, even though it's the stockers who actually physically put the products out on the shelves.

And I'll stop here b/c I'm starting on one of my long winded coworker rants that probably should be over in COC . . .*sigh*
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      What's UHT milk?
      Andara has explained it fairly well, but another name for it is long-life milk. While Andara may have had problems, I have had UHT milk before and haven't had problems with it.

Generally, if you go to a hotel and they have a minibar or something like that, the little milk sachets are UHT milk.

We didn't have too much of a problem with it at my previous job. Occasionally we would put it out on special (sometimes a dollar a litre). So many people would buy one or two six or twelve packs, depending on the size of the carton, that it was almost like a milkopalyse
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X