This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cusotmer who defied sucking

None of us are immune to stupidity in any form, in fact there are some things that are so stupid even the person who is taking care of the customer can't beleive the issue.
    Anyone who works for a call center for a phone company has dealt with the ever present issue of text messaging and teens, but more importatnly they have had to deal with the increasing ammount of 5 digit companies. For those who don't know what I'm talking about if your watiching tv and it says text the following 5 digit code for jokes or whatever, your signing up for a service that could cost your anywhere from 9.99 a month to 9.99 a month plus an added 5.99 a week. And no these don't have to do with the provider, they are a third party company(sorry for the long explination)
    One day a customer called in questioning the charges on her childrens portion of the billing. I advised her of the charges and how they worked .The customer started going off stating that the company was adding in the charges and she wouldn't pay for them.
    The kid who did this was in the background saying they didn't do it and this was pissing the mother off even more. Finaly the kid admitted to doing this and the mother kept blaming us for the charges. Even though the kid admited to creating the charges, the parent wasn't beleiving them and wanted us to take the charges off. And the kid was still saying they did it when the customer hung up calling us liars.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

"Oh, no, Precious, you're not at fault here, it's those gods-damned cell phone people who are ripping us off!
    /probably the thought at the forefront of any SC's mind
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Jesus, I hear that crap near constantly- how the evil cell phone companies rip everyone off... I tend to hear that from people who haven't paid their bill and wonder why their service has been shut off...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I hate those 5-digit companies.
        I see three kinds:
        Crappy jokes
        Popular music ringtones
        Ringtones that are 8 years old (Super Mario Brothers and Sweet Home Alabama are recurring songs)

And they always repeat everything so awkwardly.
        "Just text JOKES to 485743! So...text JOKES to 485743! Text JOKES to 48dfhadh!"
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

My favorite 5-digit atrocity was on Scifi channel late one night. Here's the pitch:

Quasi-sensual sounding woman: Just text "FLIRT" to "12345" and you'll get to text flirt with some of the hottest women...just text "FLIRT" and you'll be connected to one of these beautiful girls [pan over pictures of models] in just seconds, fulfill your fantasies...[wash, rinse, repeat]
          Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Every time I see one of those commercials, I wonder how many people sign up for that junk without even thinking about if it's going to cost them any money. I swear, so many people walk around with their brains dripping out of their ears...
            Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

And the sad thing is that these people have a terms and conditions if you go to the websites. the vast problem is the ammount of kids who sign up for this crap.
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Gawdzillers, you forgot the biggest 5 digit grouping: extremely old school games! Pac-Man, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Snake (nowadays, usually comes with the phone even).
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                X