Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he did, she eventually wired him some money and he picked it up the next day before he owed more on it
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I can see why the impound yard wouldn't accept a card over the phone (too easy to get your hands on someone's card number and retrieve the car - then the cardholder sees the unauthorized charge and does a chargeback). What I'm surprised at is that you allow in-person credit card payments - I thought impound yards were cash-only.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        Ugh. It's a good thing you and the people who work with you are allowed and required to say no to "customers" who get uppity and belligerent. It makes me feel a bit better knowing that they don't get their way by throwing a temper tantrum.
        Considering mommy had to pay a fee for Junior to reclaim his vehicle as opposed to purchase goods or services, I don't consider either her or her son a "customer" in this scenario.

People that do what the OP does do not cater to the poor saps that wind up footing the towing bill, they have to cater to the property owners where they're contracted to provide services.

As such, there's not the same expectation of customer service to the end user as, say, a restaurant or market.
        sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I can see why the impound yard wouldn't accept a card over the phone (too easy to get your hands on someone's card number and retrieve the car - then the cardholder sees the unauthorized charge and does a chargeback). What I'm surprised at is that you allow in-person credit card payments - I thought impound yards were cash-only.
          You also need a photo ID to get your car back, so if the name on your DL or whatever matches the name on the card, we're good to go, no reason we can't take credit (Visa is very very popular around here!)

Comment

Quoth Jay View Post
            Considering mommy had to pay a fee for Junior to reclaim his vehicle as opposed to purchase goods or services, I don't consider either her or her son a "customer" in this scenario.
            And that is exactly why customer got put in quotation marks.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              And that is exactly why customer got put in quotation marks.
              Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've just seen the word customer misused so often that it has become difficult to tell when somebody is being tongue in cheek about it.

One of my favorite abuses of the word is when somebody downloads a free program, can't get it to work, and starts in immediately with derogatory statements about how the developer should do a better job for their "customers."
              sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

As for the whole problem of her son being 'unsafe' walking around in that neighbourhood - wasn't he at a friend's place when his car was towed? Why can't he spend the night on his friend's sofa, and come get the car by public transport (or a friend driving him) the next day?
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  As for the whole problem of her son being 'unsafe' walking around in that neighbourhood - wasn't he at a friend's place when his car was towed? Why can't he spend the night on his friend's sofa, and come get the car by public transport (or a friend driving him) the next day?
                  Because Sucky Customers and their Helicopter Mom's do not understand simple concepts like logic and pragmatism.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have a few words for Momma Bear. They go something like this....

First off, lady, shut the fuck up. Seriously, just cork your pie hole and pay attention to some simple facts you and your son conveniently chose to ignore.

1. Your son parked his car in a lot that requires permits. Your son does not have a permit to park in said lot. Parking in a permit-only lot with no permit will often get one's car ticketed, towed, or both. His friend, who lives there, should know this, and should have told your son. So either your son or his friend are idiots. In either case, this is not the towing company's fault. However, if your son is the one who is an idiot here, it very well may be YOUR fault.

2. You're a raging cunt. Your son did something stupid, and you're yelling at people doing their job? Fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off. The owner of the property from whence your precious angel's vehicle was towed PAYS THE TOW COMPANY to enforce their parking rules. If you or your son don't like those rules, you should take them up with the people who instituted them, i.e, the property owners. And chances are they will tell you to fuck off.

3. Either you are an idiot or your son is a fucking pussy. Since he's clearly an adult, living on his own and all, he is hardly a child that is going to be raped by child rapists in the area. While adult men do occasionally get raped, it is hardly common, and honestly, if you think this area is so unsafe that he is likely to get raped just for walking around, what does that say about you as a parent for sending him to school in this area?

4. If your son is smart enough to be in college, he is smart enough to read and understand signs, and smart enough to be aware of the potential consequences if he ignores said signs. So your son can fuck off too.

5. Stick a sock in it. No one gives a flying fuck about your righteous indignation about your son's car being towed. Seriously, stuff it.

6. Your son needs to grow the fuck up and stop running to Mommy every time the world does something he doesn't like, especially if what happened was a direct result of his actions.

7. You need to stop being such a fucking overprotective parent and let your son live his own life, for good or ill, so maybe he can learn some fucking responsibility and how to be a fucking grownup adult.

8. Fuck off.
                    Last edited by Jester; 09-19-2012, 02:08 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      shut the fuck up. ...Fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off....And chances are they will tell you to fuck off....your son can fuck off too....Seriously, stuff it....Fuck off.
                      So... what you're basically saying is... she should fuck off? You're not being very clear.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        You're not being very clear.
                        It's a problem I'm working on.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          You also need a photo ID to get your car back, so if the name on your DL or whatever matches the name on the card, we're good to go, no reason we can't take credit (Visa is very very popular around here!)
                          Yeah but how do you prove you seen the ID and the photo is the same person who just used it? Could they not come in, give you their credit card and photo ID then 2 days later call the Credit card place and say they never used their card at your work?

Yeah this can happen at other places but most of your "customers" are angry they got towed...

Comment

Anyone can dispute any charge that is made on their credit card. However, credit card companies look dimly on false disputes, and generally do investigate any disputed charges.

Which is probably why towing companies keep such meticulous paperwork, to guard against such frivolous disputes.

Still A Customer."

Comment

3. Either you are an idiot or your son is a fucking pussy
                              Why does this have to be "either or"? I'm thinking they're guilty of both!

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
                                Yeah but how do you prove you seen the ID and the photo is the same person who just used it? Could they not come in, give you their credit card and photo ID then 2 days later call the Credit card place and say they never used their card at your work?

Yeah this can happen at other places but most of your "customers" are angry they got towed...
                                It's the risk that every business takes when they decide to take plastic, and since your name, address, DL#, Phone #, make/model of car you drive and license plate is on my paperwork, and you're also on CCTV as walking up to the counter and giving me that credit card ,the chances of a successful dispute are pretty much nil.

Comment

Working...
                                X