Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's assuming I would do anything illegal. Big assumption, that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      2. For other people, get something in writing, be it a bill of sale or a small contract, agreeing to the work to be done, the amount to be paid, and when it will be paid by.
      My tattoo artist has these for a couple of reasons and they are really easy to set out in a form to be filled in way:

Date
      Name
      Address
      Phone number
      Project Description
      Deadline date
      Price
      (Line in here about payment say 50% up front, 50% on on visual inspection on delivery)
      Signature of client
      (Extra notes box - measurements etc.)

Takes two minutes to fill in and you can keep it as proof of agreement. In the extra notes box you'd write something like "only making curtains, not responsible for fittings" and ask the customer to sign next to it.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

One addendum to what Gizmo said: I would suggest that you photocopy the completed contract, and give the photocopy to the client, keeping the original for your own records. Or make two photocopies, filing away the original for your records, giving one photocopy to your client, and keeping the second photocopy for yourself to be able to access throughout the time of the work being done; this keeps the original contract from being damaged in any way, and gives you a backup, just in case.

Actually, you could even scan the original into your computer and keep it as a file as backup, if you have a scanner. Just a thought.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          That's assuming I would do anything illegal. Big assumption, that.
          No, that's not what I'm assuming.

I'm assuming the SC here is one of those "It's the law because I said so" and would call the cops, with some ridiculous accusation of you (probably lying flat out due to the sob stories she fed to the OP) and you would at least be detained for investigation.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Detained? Doubtful. At most probably a phone call, as in "Who are you and what are you doing?" That is, of course, assuming they had my number. Another assumption that may or may not happen.

I am not only vicious and vindictive, I am also devious and sneaky. Just saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X