This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's least funny, most inappropriate "joke". WARNING for language

I dealt myself a straight, and the customers were predictably incredulous. Next hand, I ALMOST did it again. Four cards were a straight, but the fifth ruined it, essentially meaning I had nothing. The following conversation happened.

ME: If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me
    IJG: Inappropriate Joke Guy

IJG: Oooooh, if you'd gotten another straight...
    ME: (joking, as the majority of the table had been playfully bantering back and forth up until this point) Whatchoo gon' do?
    IJG: Rape you.
    ME: .... D:

I reported him to my immediate supervisor who reported him to the next level up, and so on. Their response was to move me from the table. He was allowed to continue playing.

Hmm. Maybe this belongs in Calling out Coworkers or Morons in Management after all.
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

~Begin disclaimer: language~

That's not funny. EVER.

I hate people who think that saying they are going to rape someone else -it happens over online multiplayer games a lot - is funny, cool, or even remotely ok.

One of the reasons I never bought an X-Box, or play many shooter multiplayers, is because I've found that those kind of people just flood those kinds of games. I'm winning, they know I'm a girl, all I hear is "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU SO HARD" or "RAPE HER ASS DAMNIT" because something is threatening about a girl being better or winning a game against a person with a blood leeching, mind controlling parasite between their legs. Ugh.

~End disclaimer~

That man should've been removed from the building. Immediately. Maybe not banned, but definitely kicked out with a warning that kind of language and talk was not acceptable here. If I had been at that table I probably would've read him the riot act. I cannot stand that kind of... "humor."
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

What the hell? (both at him saying that - or even thinking it, really - and at the higher-ups for not removing him. IANAL but, I think what he said was worth calling the cops?

The rules of CS.com actually prevent me from telling what I would have done to him if I had witnessed the scene.
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        That man should've been removed from the building. Immediately. Maybe not banned, but definitely kicked out with a warning that kind of language and talk was not acceptable here.
        Agreed 100%. Your boss definitely dropped the ball here. And saying anything more would put me into Fratching territory.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow. "Joke" about raping a woman and get to stay. Nice. Real fucking nice.

IMO, your management is more disgusting to me than this douchebag.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Agree with the others that the boss should have kicked him out. You have a right to a harassment-free workplace, and that include sexual harassment from customers. If I were the boss, I'd have kicked the asshole from the premises with a warning for his first offence, and with a trespass citation if it was a subsequent offense.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

You know, I want to stay out of Fratching territory so I'm not going to comment on this except to say I think your boss made the wrong decision.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

That...... wow?!?! The person (and that's not the right word) should have been kicked out, with a ban.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Wow, not cool.
                  The mouthy bugger needed a sammitch of the knuckle kind.
                  Your boss is an ass, if anything happens after a threat is made and they do nothing, they are wide open to getting sued.

Comment

I am not intrigued by your boss's ideas and would not like to subscribe to his newsletter.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm appalled by your boss' ideas and would burn his newsletter. >_<

That sort of "joke" should earn the speaker a vacation away from wherever it is they are, for at least the rest of the day.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

“…a person with a blood leeching, mind controlling parasite between their legs.”

Best. description. evar.

Even made my husband laugh!

As for that ... thing ... that made the so-unfunny joke, well, that's why God made little green Glockies. (Mine's green, anyway. I call it "Greenpiece.")
                        I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                        - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
                          “…a person with a blood leeching, mind controlling parasite between their legs.”

Best. description. evar.

Even made my husband laugh!

As for that ... thing ... that made the so-unfunny joke, well, that's why God made little green Glockies. (Mine's green, anyway. I call it "Greenpiece.")
                          I always wanted one of the pink tasers

And my EVE corp are great, they have ganked guys who insulted me with crude sex based insults - I didn't find out about it until later when the gankee complained to me.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jester
                            ...lots of stuff i really liked...
                            Thank you.
                            Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Wow. "Joke" about raping a woman and get to stay. Nice. Real fucking nice.
                              Yep, that's pretty fucked up Sadly, some people are more interested in keeping a customer happy than the safety of their employees.

Reminds me of what happened at scout camp some years back. One of the kitchen staff was...for lack of a better term...extremely hot. Amanda was probably about 17, very sweet, pretty, etc. Did I mention that she was hot? No surprise then that most of the staff went out of their way to help her out and/or hit on her. Many of the campers had similar ideas.

But, there was one guy--a camper--who went way beyond that. He would actually *stare* at her when she was in the dining hall. Some of the things he did and said were beyond creepy. After he said that he wanted to rape her...things kinda went out the window. That is, he not only got warned by the entire staff to leave her alone...but after he spent a day trying to stalk her...he got his ass beat. She'd already told him to get lost, but he clearly didn't get that message.

It wasn't one of us that did it. Rather, it was one of the kitchen staff. They were actually hired by another firm, and not subject to the camp's rules. So when the camp management refused to toss the guy (can't have an upset camper, after all), kitchen staff took care of the problem.
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X