This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Irate Door Man

Today we had a repeat complainer. This gentleman comes in about once a week between 7-11am and will complain that we don't have enough registers open on the other side of the store to suite him. The way the store is set up is we have 22 registers with 11 on one side, a cooler in the middle, and the other 11 registers on the other side. At that time of the day only a few registers are open (5-7) and two are express on side A. On side B are the regular lanes.

This customer is between 60-80 years old and is very vocal about his dislike of the layout. Today when he was ready to check out, he walked up to our manager and reamed him about the lack of open registers. Manager tried to reason with him (lack of people, security, few customers, etc.) but got no where. Customer puts the items on the belt and starts demanding that the CASHIER to open registers on the other side and uses the "I'm older then you, therefore deserve to be treated like royalty!" when she says she can't.

The kicker, he's parked on the side with the OPEN registers. So what was the fuss about?

the fuss is that's the way HE wants it and goshdarnit! he's going to let everyone know he's right!

I saw this earlier today at lunch. I was at Panera and there was one register open on the left but this lady decided to stand at the register over on the other side of the baked goods case in the corner. When the cashier asked if she needed anything she tsked and said "of course! That's why I'm standing here!". Nevermind the line I was standing was clear as day.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
      That's why I'm standing here!". Nevermind the line I was standing was clear as day.
      And another reason for the fuss: if you go to a closed register, you're almost SURE to be the first in the line. The fact that it takes longer to fuss, then get a register opened (if successful) than it would to, you know, queue up, is beyond a SC.

Comment

Some people just want to watch the world squirm...~_~

And some just like to create things to bitch about. 'Tis an unfortunate reality of both the retail world and the outside world. All you can really do is try to reason with them -- and, if they cannot be reasoned with, as above, deal with them without acquiescing to their idiocy.

In any case, to ! Feel free to vent, we've all been there in one way or another!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Some people just want to watch the world squirm...~_~

And some just like to create things to bitch about. 'Tis an unfortunate reality of both the retail world and the outside world. All you can really do is try to reason with them -- and, if they cannot be reasoned with, as above, deal with them without acquiescing to their idiocy.

In any case, to ! Feel free to vent, we've all been there in one way or another!
          Thank you.

I spend most of my day just nodding and smiling. I leave them alone in their idiocy.

Comment

Working...
          X