Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Want My Own Way Cuz I'm Speshul!!1!eleventy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want My Own Way Cuz I'm Speshul!!1!eleventy!

This happened during Hellmonth, otherwise known as the month where petrol vouchers were being handed out. Now, we have a policy that clearly states both on the voucher and also on the signs that you can only use a petrol voucher for ONE transaction. That doesn't mean one sale, it means you use it on your car OR your petrol cans, NOT both.

Mr SC thought different. He thought he was SPESHUL. He first indicated his SCness by honking his horn loudly and obnoxiously when his pump wasn't authorised one second after he put the nozzle in the car. I went out cuz, silly me, I thought it might be a disabled person needing assistance. Mr SC bitched about having to wait, I pointed out that the forecourt was crammed full of vehicles and there was a giant queue of customers so it was normal to have to wait a little while. Mr SC then mentioned that he was in a hurry as he had a petrol voucher and wanted to use it.

He had two large jerrys and was filling his car as well. I pointed out that he could only use it on either the jerrys or the car, but like a lot of SCs he ignored me. I could see that my collegue Hannah needed some help dealing with the astronomic queue so I excused myself and went back inside.

Cut to Mr SC coming in to pay. As it happened, Hannah was the one to serve him and after she told him the policy regarding petrol vouchers, which I had already told him once, he exploded with rage and demanded to see a manager RIGHT NOW. I told Hannah to go and phone the manager, cuz to my mind, we're not being paid enough to be yelled at so better get a manager over. XD Hannah rang over the road as neither of our petrol station managers were in that day; the only one she could get hold of was the main manager, Bruce.

Bruce came over straight away. Mr SC was smug as hell, bitching about the injustice and making little snide remarks about how he was going to get his own way and probably free petrol into the bargain. We fielded his nastiness as best as we could and continued serving the sane customers. Bruce came over and talked to Mr SC... who's smug attitude vanished as Bruce told him that we were right and that he was going to uphold the policy. Mr SC then proceeded to go nuttier than squirrel poo, screaming that everyone else let him have two transactions on a petrol voucher and that he wanted freebies or he'd never come back. Bruce told him that unless he calmed down, he'd find himself banned for life.

Result being; Mr SC paid up and left in a huff; hopefully, we won't see him again. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Alas, you know you will.

The way he deflated after being threatened with a ban proves that his own threat to never come back was just a bluff.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hooray for having a manager with a spine!!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
        Hooray for having a manager with a spine!!
        Amen to that! Gotta get him into the cloning program, stat!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Alas, you know you will.

The way he deflated after being threatened with a ban proves that his own threat to never come back was just a bluff.

^-.-^
          Yeah; wish SCs would not get our hopes up like that.

And yeah, I'm lucky in that all the managers where I work are possessing of spines.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            And yeah, I'm lucky in that all the managers where I work are possessing of spines.
            This explains so much: Lace's managers are hoarding all the spines
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

All customers that threaten to never come back to my store are back within 48 hours. I have a theory on this: Their lives are so boring and unfulfilling, they are really just PUNISHING themselves because they love to go to W-Mart anyway. They need to be seen out in public again, so I always see their smug little eyes back in my store scanning the shelves. Here is what I say to those customers who threaten to do so.

SC: I'll never shop here ever again!!!

Me: Okay, sir/ma'am. I'll see you tomorrow! And thank you for shopping at W-Mart!

Works every time, because I always see them after this.

Comment

Just curious, but why are the jerries considered a separate transaction, if they're filled in the same interval from "pump authorized" to "nozzle put back in holding area"? After all, it would be hard to determine how much of the fuel went into the car and how much into the jerries in order to figure out how much fuel the voucher applied to. About the only way to accomplish this would be to require they fill the car, hang up the nozzle, pay, and do a separate authorization for the jerries. Start filling the jerries without hanging up the nozzle first? Sorry, you can't use your voucher today.

If it's to prevent abuse (i.e. buying a shitload of fuel at the discounted price), have the vouchers limited to a maximum quantity (let's assume 60 litres). Top up your compact car (not very low, so could only put in 18 litres) and fill 2 jerries at 20 litres each? You're golden. Bring in your full-size pickup that's running on fumes, and put in 90 litres? Voucher applies only to the first 60. Easier to get "automatic backup" in case of customer argument - the computer will only apply the discount to the first 60 litres, and there's no override code, so the system won't LET you give them the discount on the whole amount.

Of course, if they were buying two different fuels (i.e. diesel for their Golf TDI, and gasoline in their jerries for their lawnmower), I'd understand making it apply to only one or the other.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In terms of the jerry can vs. fuel can thing, I suspect that part of it may be that customers might try and "top up" their jerry can after they've paid for whatever goes into their fuel tank.

I think the only rules we had with fuel vouchers were that it was only for unleaded, no diesel or LPG, you had a maximum of 150L and that you only had a month to use them.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X