X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, It's A Parade!

A parade of ***holes, that is...

I don't know if it's moon phases or bad karma, or if Dementors have been unleashed in droves in North American but I've had a huge stream of awful customers the past week. I work at a call center in tech support for satellite tv and I'm used to getting maybe one nasty person a day and a couple of rude but bearable ones. Every other call lately has been somebody nearly unbearable to talk to - I feel like just crawling under my desk and sucking my thumb til someone promises me the black cloud of suck has lifted.

Here's one:

Man calls up, nice at first, but there is an edge in his voice that tells me I'm in for it.

SC:"I want a new receiver."
    Me: Alright, what seems to be the problem?
    SC: I WANT A NEW RECEIVER! I WAS PROMISED ONE A YEAR AGO AND I'M CALLING TO GET IT!

Oh this is going splendidly. I checked and sure enough SC had called about ten months ago bitching about recording problems with his DVR and the agent had offered him a new one. SC pitched a hissy fit about losing his recordings and said he'd call back later, which is fine if it's a week later. Not if it's ten months.

So I apologize and explain that since it's been so long ago, we need to troubleshoot this. Turns out there's no issues with the receiver now except that some recordings were erased which genius SC probably did himself. So I tell him I can't replace it and he completely loses his shit.

SC: I WANT YOUR NAME AND YOUR EMPLOYEE NUMBER! AND I'M CALLING RIGHT BACK AND EXPLAINING TO YOUR MANAGER WHEN I CANCEL MY ACCOUNT THAT IT'S PERSONALLY YOUR FAULT FOR YOUR TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

OK, now I'm pissed. If the guy had been nice, I might have even taken the hit to my stats and replaced it but no way am I letting him bully me into it.

Me: Sure. My name is mysticgirl my employee # is 555555 and there's no need to call back, I will transfer you right now. Just let me put a note on the account.
    SC: You are not putting any notes on the account! You just want to tell your colleagues not to help me!

(Yeah, pretty much )

Me: Well, I have to put some notes on the account. It's just a few seconds.
    SC: You have thirty seconds! Go!

(So I deliberately did my notes as slowly as possible.)

I forgot to write down his account number so I didn't see if JackAss got his way or not but he probably did. Sigh.

My town must have been the breeding grounds for the dementors of californian heritage, as well.

Comment

Working...
    X