This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're WHO?

I work in a bank, and for some perverse reason, I love answering the phone. Even getting yelled at by SC's for things completely out of my control or responsibility doesn't keep me from the phone. This phone call was one of the more interesting calls I have fielded, it occurred over the summer.

Me = Me
    SC = Old grumpy man

Me: Thank you for calling such-and-such bank, my name is icinii, how may I help you?
    SC: I want the notary.
    Me: I'm sorry, the notary is not in the office this morning, however she will be in this afternoon after 1 PM. Would you like me to take a message for her?
    SC: I want to talk to the notary, right now.
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but as I stated, she is not available this morning.
    SC: I need the notary.
    Me: Sir, I can take a message for her for when she returns if you'd like.
    SC: Then get her for me.
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but she is out of the office. I cannot "get her."
    SC: When did you say she'd be in?
    Me: After 1 PM, sir.
    SC: But I need her, RIGHT NOW. You are supposed to be providing me with customer service, and you are not providing me with customer service. You are a good for nothing (expletive) (expletive)! I need the notary, RIGHT NOW, and you are not providing her! I am not coming in after 1 PM because I don't want to. You are worthless. I am moving all of my funds out of your (expletive) bank and it's all your (expletive) fault, you (expletive)!
    (I hear in the background a woman yelling at him for his language and to knock it off.)
    Me: Sir, would you like me to take a message for the notary when she returns?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: May I ask who is calling?
    SC: No.
    Me: Sir, I do need a name and number to leave for the notary for when she returns.
    SC: You can tell her that Tom Cruise the actor is calling, and I am not giving you my phone number, you (expletive).
    Me: (long pause as I digest the name-drop) I will give her the message, have a nice afternoon.
    SC: Wait!
    Me: *click*

I was pretty sure who was calling, as he's always grumpy, especially when he doesn't get his way. SC ended up coming in around 2 PM, with no problems, and never mentioned the phone call.

I dunno...sounds like Tom Cruise to me

(couldn't resist....but Cruise has been a bit of a nutter recently... *heh*)
    DJ Particle

Comment

But the lack of scientology doctrine in his every sentence should be a dead give-away on his falsehood.

Comment

"If you are whom you say you are, sir, remind me to never see your movies."

Does anyone else just substitute the f-word for any 'expletive deleted's? Makes for interesting cussing. "You're all a bunch of f-ing f-s."
        Last edited by Imogene; 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM. Reason: More news.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Does anyone else just substitute the f-word for any 'expletive deleted's? Makes for interesting cussing. "You're all a bunch of f-ing f-s."
          I use Flocking, Frigging, Expletive and Bleeping.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            I want this to be my new avatar, but I don't think it would be appreciated.
            FYUFF
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Yeah, Knightmare, somehow I doubt that icon would fly for the site.
              *grabs the 'Not-A-Mod' hat and waves it around a bit, rather needlessly at this point*
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

No problem with a bit of swearing. Excesses are a bit different, though.

Rapscallion

Comment

Actually I love to swear on this site...I just get creative about it.

Plus people have been PMing me about the fun way I do it.

"You are a miserable [fornicate]er"
                  "Whiny little [liquid feminine hygiene product]"
                  "Worthless piece of [excrement]"

Or other things like that.

You can almost hear the voice of the ranting, barely coherent SC as he's carrying on like a maniac only to have it be broken by the voice of a very calm british actor saying the word in the brackets.

M
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                    I want this to be my new avatar, but I don't think it would be appreciated.
                    FYUFF
                    They actually sell that as a t-shirt down here. Seriously.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X