This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my temper and became one

Today I lost my temper and became an SC. It was embarrassing, because I became so frustrated that I didn't use logic. I told the electric company that I wasn't going to pay the deposit and they couldn't legally shut off my electricity. I stopped myself in mid-sentence too when my brain kicked in and said "What? Chris, you're an idiot."
    I mumbled an apology to the guy, who was still nice enough to work with me and I ended up getting the deposit broken down into three monthly payments.

The reason why I am going to have to pay a deposit now, as opposed to before is because when I moved into this apartment last June, my parents co-signed my electric service. They switched companies, making the ineligible to co-sign and they haven't been with their new provider long enough to co-sign with their new company.

The reason why I blew up was because I have had a stressful week. I have a co-worker who thinks its OK to take a vacation once a month, which caused a scheduling mishap, which meant that I had to cover it. Another co-worker's father died, another one got sick, and I'm trying to run a business at the same time. I need a vacation.

I think there was some by-law or something passed in my city, where people could not legally have their heat/gas turned off in the winter months because of how damn cold it gets.

Comment

Aye, but as of 8:07pm EDT we will no longer be in the winter and it is free game time to start shutting people off. Thank DOYC that I finally got a gas bill for the first time in 3 months and paid it! ($700.00 :EEK:
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

You caught yourself and apologized, which is more than most SCs do.

When I worked in credit collections (six weeks of hell), I got an old gent on the phone once who started out quite irate with me. Not an unusual situation to find myself in, but I managed to get a word in edgewise and say, "Sir, I know you're upset, but you really don't have to talk to me that way."

It somehow hit a button in him and he started apologizing (and calling me "sister" for some reason), and giving me this long litany of woe about his circumstances, which really were unfortunate: his wife had been ill, the bills had piled up, and I guess my call had been the proverbial back-breaking straw. I really did feel sorry for him, and ended up referring him to a bill consolidation service, but it was almost funny how that one instant of spine display on my part turned him from a ranting SC into a puppy dog that I almost couldn't get off the phone.
        He loves the world...except for all the people.
        --Men at Work

Comment

The thing about it is, I'm really very pleasant with everybody I encounter at stores and stuff. I was just majorly stressed out, and I snapped.

Comment

Working...
          X