Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No..not dirty words...anything but that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post

My understanding of the "locking wheel" carts is that there's a buried cable being fed with a frequency the locking unit looks for. Are the carts that lock up in the store always locking at the same place? If so, there's probably a "stray" signal of the right frequency at that place.
    Over here, one of the supermarkets use some carts that have a sort of "clamp" attached to one of the wheels.

If someone decides to take a cart outside of the premises, the cart would have pass over a sort of electromagnetic "mat" that would activate the clamp and thus lock the wheel. Therefore there is no risk for, say, wheelchairs or strollers to get locked up.

But of course, some of the clamps would now and then be defect and activate within the premises. I've tried that now and then, but it wasn't worse than I'd just drag the cart to the Customer Service Desk (luckily I haven't tried that with a fully loaded cart... yet) and ask them to release my deposit coin so I could go over and fetch another cart.
    Last edited by NorthernZel; 10-14-2012, 11:08 PM.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Not much...a draft of air now and then, the occasional spider scuttling across...
      Quoth KatherineB View Post
      Frankly I think that's insulting.

To the spider.
      That spider is desperately trying to get out of the SC's head.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        That spider is desperately trying to get out of the SC's head.
        I'd like to think the spider had more sense that to enter a cold, draughty, unpleasant place like that.
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Where I live, the lost trolleys end up all over; there are at least five supermarkets each with its own colour trolley. XD The supermarket where I used to work had a "Trolley Watch" phone line where people could ring up if they spotted a trolley in the wild. The furthest one found was this trolley which was abandoned at a petrol station around two miles away. O_o I just can't get my head around that one; who decides to take a trolley on a joy ride for two miles?
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's like this just where I live or everywhere (hey, sorry, little Wisconsin girl doesn't get out much), but it seems that grocery stores are always part of mini malls or shopping centers around here, and henceforth, kind of like when I worked at Pick N Boogers, our carts would end up at Dollar Tree or K-Mart and vice versa. Seriously, it's just a store or two away, and you can't put your cart away or ask the cart person to bring it back for you?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Pick N Boogers,

Quoth blas View Post
              our carts would end up at Dollar Tree or K-Mart and vice versa. Seriously, it's just a store or two away, and you can't put your cart away or ask the cart person to bring it back for you?
              Our carts always end up at the Dollar Store, and theirs at ours. I guess the customers figure one store = all stores.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think it's more along the lines of "Hell with it, I'm keeping the same cart. I got bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that!"
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X