This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh yes, another one...
    Ebenezer Scrooge - Follows his browbeaten wife around taking things out of her basket as fast as she puts them in. He's not here to help her do the shopping, just to make sure she spends as little as possible. Never buys branded products if there's a store's own 'value' equivalent. Frivolous things like Jaffa cakes are forbidden. Receipts scrutinized with terrifying closeness in case a special offer has been missed off. Finally succumbs to a seizure brought on by apoplectic rage at milk going up by 2 pence per litre.
    Two weeks after the funeral, wife appears in shop, unrecognizable due to new clothes, hairstyle, make up etc, beams as she unloads her basket of salmon, asparagus, champagne and so on and chats happily to you about the cruise she's planning.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Price Tellers-People who feel the need to tell you an items price before you actually ring it through. For some reason it annoys me. Please don't tell me "here's the chips that are on sale for x.xx" It annoys me, why it does, I will never know.

Comment

• Because if something's on sale, we want to make sure we get the right price for it. Wal-Mart's registers tend to play "One day late."
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• The Harpy:

A female customer, usually around her late forties or fifties. She's past her prime but trying hard to still look young, and has child (never more than two) between two and ten. The harpy is easily detected by her shrill, angry cry as she attempts to force her children to decide on a toy to buy. Not buying them a toy is not an option for her, but making them buy one seems to enrage her.

The harpy's children are usually pretty well behaved, if only because they're terrified of their mother, though they might seem a little spoiled.

Comment

• The Cell Phone talker: Walks up to the counter/register, while talking on his/her cell phone. When you greet them, puts up one finger, all the while, holding up the line for customers in behind.

The Asshole High-Schooler: pays in pennies after racking up a good $10 or more order-just to be a pain. Then, sarcastically smiles at you as you count all the change out.

The Idiot: This person expects you to know exactly what they're ordering, even though they do not specify what they really want in the food. Then, gets bitchy when their order's incorrect. What's even worse, is, to be polite, you have to apologize for "your" mistake to these people, because they're never, ever wrong.

The King/Queen: All but knocks other people over when approaching the register to place their order. Doesn't even wait for you to greet them, and just starts with what they want, as if what they want is more important than anything in the world.

Comment

• The My Computer/Internet's Not Working And I'm Not At Home SC: Calls Tech Support for troubleshooting their computer/modem/router/internet connection problems with their ISP but they're not at home.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• To explain this archetype, I have to explain what my job entails. I work at a call center, but I'm not on the phone, at all. I respond to customer written correspondences. In order to help them, customers must give us their account numbers.

Mr./Ms. Paranoia: This oh-so-wonderful customer refuses to give you their account number on the letter/form they've sent,because they think that you're going to steal their identity, even though doing so would cost you your job.Since they're paranoid, you have to search for it,which slows down your productivity, pretty badly.

Mr./Ms. Super-Paranoia: A variant of the-above referenced customer, but this SC has had an account that was lost/stolen previously. Because of his/her paranoia, he/she will give you the previously lost/stolen account number, instead, which slows down productivity even more. Here's why: you pull up the account number they gave you on the form/letter, thinking that they've given you the right one. Then you get to the account, and realize that it's been lost/stolen. If the account was reported lost/stolen only a week or two ago, you can excuse it-that's not an SC. The SC is the one who's had their current account number for at least two or three months. As stated above, you steal a customer's identity, you lose your job. Hello, Mr./Ms. Super-Paranoia!

Comment

• The Throw This Away: Asks you to throw their garbage away like you're their personal garbage man. Bonus pts if inside and the garbage is right behind them.

I can't Count: Asks for x amount of an item and when told you don't have it, they ask for the same item but a smaller amount that you just told them you don't have.
                  example:
                  customer: "I'll have 3 corn on the cob."
                  employee: "I'm sorry sir, we currently only have one left"
                  customer: "OK, can I get 2 then?"

bonus points if they ask for more than they previously asked for

Comment

• Request to use list

I found this site a while ago and work in retail and I am in love with this list of SC. I would really love to make an animation video using some of these and was wondering if that would be okay with you guys?

Comment

• Quoth meltdownlemon View Post
                      I found this site a while ago and work in retail and I am in love with this list of SC. I would really love to make an animation video using some of these and was wondering if that would be okay with you guys?
                      I think you'd have to seek out permission from each of the posters whose postings you'd like to use.

If they're happy, I'm happy.

Rapscallion

Comment

• The "You Lie!!!111!!!" SC: When you tell the SC something they don't want to hear, they think you're lying to them, argue with you and rant about how you don't know what you're doing and they either demand a: another rep or b: a supervisor.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• The Tempest: Blast into the store, furious. Irate as they explain their beef. Enraged as you explain their options. Outraged when they demand a manager. Livid when they can't get what they want. Blast out of the store, furious.

The Eye of the Hurricane: Blast into the store, furious. Irate as they explain their beef. Pleased when you explain their options. Giddy when you suggest a perfect solution. Livid when they hear the prices. Blast out of the store, furious.

The Surprise Strike:Calmly enter the store. Patiently explain their beef. Pleased when you explain their options. Giddy when you suggest a perfect solution. MIND-BOGGLINGLY OUTRAGED WHEN THEY HEAR THE PRICES! Blast out of the store, furious.

Comment

• The I got it here! - the SC that comes in complaining they had purchased an item from your store and it is defective/messed up/etc. But when you see it you see it's an item not carried or even sold by us, yet they claim they had purchased it from your place of business. . . would be like going into Mc'D's and saying the Burrito they bought from Taco Bell made them sick.
                            "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

• The I Don't Quite Get How This Shopping Thing Works Yet: Someone who gets to the registers, and, on realising that their purchase comes to a total of $40, exclaims "But I only have $25!"

The Don't You Know Who I Am?!: Someone usually of little to moderate importance within a particular area, ie: a council member, who believes they are entitled to preferential treatment over all other customers.

The Maybe Next Time Wait Til I'm Out of Earshot: Someone who says to their kids "Make sure you do well at school. You don't want to end up stuck in a job like hers." while they're still standing in front of me.

The Get Me Your Manager: The customer who believes everything can be solved by demanding to see a manager, and who (wrongly) assumes the manager will automatically be on their side, no matter what.

The White Rabbits: Customers who are always running late and let you know via foot-tapping, watch-checking, etc. More extreme instances are those who actually tell you to hurry up while slamming their hands on the desk.

Mr/Ms
                              "A satisfied customer - we should have him stuffed." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

• ..continue

I work as an assistant manager in a convenience store, here's some names I've come up with, and explanation.

The Animal SC that no matter which area of the store they've been in is always a disaster when they leave it. (ie. coffee area, sugar everywhere, spilt coffee, etc)

The Lazy Check out SC that always asks you to throw away their garbage even though there are literally 6 posted garbage cans around the store (and are most likely 2 ft from them)

The "I want what I can't have" SC This customer always wants the one item the store has run out of or the lottery tickets that are assigned to another register. Also, most likely wants items the store doesn't even carry then curses at you for not having access to these items.

Money bags SC insists to pay with $100 bill for a .35 cent pack of gum when its clearly stated on the door we don't carry that much change in our drawer for safety reasons.

The Loud Greeter While I would say most sc's have the ability to be loud and obnoxious, this SC upon immediately stepping into the store screams "HELLO!!!???" at the top of his/her lungs to find out why no one has magically teleported to the counter with in the last millisecond . ((We are usually in the back room making coffee, or cleaning..the back room does have cameras but I cannot travel at the speed of light!!))

No Name Lottery Lady/Guy The SC that wants lottery tickets but the only communication he/she is willing to give is pointing...and possibly saying "that one" while staring at a wall of 50 different tickets.

[B]"Why don't I win" gambler/B] Similiar to above, except constantly states that there's something wrong with our lottery tickets because they've lost all their money. There's nothing wrong with the tickets, there's something wrong with THEM for thinking they're ever going to make their money back.

The Hypocrite This one complains super loud about everything, and talks to the clerk like its entirely their fault but then adds at the end "I'm not blaming it on you, i know its not your fault"... ((uhh then why are you punishing me by continuing to rant about it??))

....theres alot more, but most of you guys already covered it.. maybe even covered some of these too, there are so many!

Comment

Working...
                                X