This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet orders

Our internet orders are picking up. The downside of that is when some of the more challanged inDUHviduals in our population do NOT pay attention to what they are doing.

Large carry-out order is sitting in the hot box. And sitting. And sitting......

Finally a person calls wondering where their delivery order is. Well guess what ol Bean?? when you placed that internet order you specified CARRY-OUT instead of delivery. Now I get to deliver that $45.18 order you so desperately wanted and know for a fact that you are gonna stiff me because of YOUR screw up

And boy was I right. The person handed me exactly $45.18 and cheerfully said to have a good night.

Now I have placed on-line orders with various companies (food and non food). It seems I actually pay attention to what is on the screen not just randomly speed clicking on the mouse like a 3 year old on a super sized Snickers buzz.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

We get this a lot at my place too. Although more often than not, they are out of our delivery area and cannot even select delivery as an option.

"Why dont you deliver out here?"
    Because you are 20 miles away one-way. Unless you order a TON of food, we are not going that far. And yes, you DO have to prepay with a credit card.

Comment

Here's a question that I always worry about when I'm ordering pizza online and paying with a card. It gives me the option to tip via the card, but I'm somewhat paranoid in thinking that the tip will end up either not going to the driver or not going completely to the driver like I want.

So I typically pay tip in cash and everything else on card... Anyone tell me if the driver will get a tip I pay on my card?
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

At my pizza place, the tips must be written in on the CC slip. And you can be sure that we watch very closely when we cash out at night. But the accountant would pick it up anyway.

I cant speak for others, but Im sure that the drivers watch like hawks.

Comment

i'm reminded of one company (I think it was a british one) that did some april fool's day sale where they included some fine print.

IIRC if you clicked "Accept" on the stuff you agreed that they owned your soul. If you declined you got a $5 coupon. Not surprisingly, only a few people actually read the fine print and declined.

Later on they made a public statement renouncing their ownership of said souls. But still it's surprising how many people just agreed without reading.

Comment

Fortunately we haven't run to someone that dumb with our web orders yet, though I'm sure we will eventually.

At our store, any credit card tip for a delivery order goes to the driver, even when the someone comes in to the store to order a delivery.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              i'm reminded of one company (I think it was a british one) that did some april fool's day sale where they included some fine print.

IIRC if you clicked "Accept" on the stuff you agreed that they owned your soul. If you declined you got a $5 coupon. Not surprisingly, only a few people actually read the fine print and declined.

Later on they made a public statement renouncing their ownership of said souls. But still it's surprising how many people just agreed without reading.
              Not really. South Park did a really great episode on this.

Always read the fine print. Otherwise, this might be your fate . . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                Always read the fine print. Otherwise, this might be your fate . . . .
                or this

Hint: it's Foamy the squirrel!
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Sapphire, I'm gonna have to paraphrase Cartman on this one >_>

Alright, that does it! Human CentiPad is where I draw the line! Screw you guys, I'm going home!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

UGN Why is it that when I finally managed to scrub any memory of that horrible, horrible movie from my mind some how, someone, somewhere manages to IMMEDIATELY put those memories back in there!
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I made the mistake of checking the Wiki for the movie, to see if South Park got it right. Sadly, it was even worse. Ugh.
                      I no longer fear HELL.
                      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Never seen the movie/series thereof, never will. And that episode of SP is on my very, very short banlist.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                          UGN Why is it that when I finally managed to scrub any memory of that horrible, horrible movie from my mind some how, someone, somewhere manages to IMMEDIATELY put those memories back in there!
                          Is it just me... maybe it is, maybe not. I can say with complete honesty it didn't disturb me at all. Not one bit.
                          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Not just you. It doesn't affect me at all.

I think it's disgusting and move on with my surfing. *shrug*

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Large carry-out order is sitting in the hot box. And sitting. And sitting......

Finally a person calls wondering where their delivery order is. Well guess what ol Bean?? when you placed that internet order you specified CARRY-OUT instead of delivery. Now I get to deliver that $45.18 order you so desperately wanted and know for a fact that you are gonna stiff me because of YOUR screw up

And boy was I right. The person handed me exactly $45.18 and cheerfully said to have a good night.
                              Of course he didn't tip you - after all, YOU are personally responsible for his order being both late and stale (from sitting in the hot box due to him specifying "carry-out" when he wanted delivery).
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X