This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for blocking our parking lot!

We got a report of a car parked in the middle of the isle running between rows. We go out there and find...This:

Yeaaaah....

And it's not like the lot wasn't well lit, and this was before the sun went down. We paged them twice and put traffic cones around the car.

An hour and a half later, the car finally moved into a parking space, so we don't think it was broken down, just driven by an idiot.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

should have called a tow truck and had it towed

Comment

I used to get this all the time. Usually it's a manual-transmission car whose driver forgot to leave it in gear or set the brake.

Comment

We had a driver try to come in through the exit a few days ago, and blocked a driver who was trying to exit the parking lot. This happened for almost 5 minutes, with one driver honking at the other over 3 times.
        "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Tow truck and/or the cops. Makes me think they had *ahem* a bit to drink.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
            I used to get this all the time. Usually it's a manual-transmission car whose driver forgot to leave it in gear or set the brake.
            I like this explaination, not because I think it's more likely than the alternative, but because it gives me hope that the driver is just forgetful, not a complete freaking moron.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              Ain'tnt never done that...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Could have been worse, could have had a body in it.

When I worked at the hardware store, there was a bar down the block from us and after we closed, their customers would use our parking lot. One Sunday morning we come in to work and there is a car still in our lot, with someone in it.

We all watch the car, but we don't see any movement. "Is he breathing?" "I can't tell."

No one wanted to be the one who found a dead body or be the one who scared a guy to death. We decided to drive the forklift back a forth a bit and he finally wakes up and just drives away.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I'd have left them a "ticket" from here:

http://youparklikeanasshole.com/

Comment

Our towing program is new, so we're still a little unsure what we can and can't do and when we can and can't do it. There was room to get around and other lanes to take, I just worried as it got dark that someone wouldn't be paying attention.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I've occasionally had the displeasure of having to park straddling a marked out parking spot because the one driver to my left or right parked halfway over. This meant that every time I returned, I found my car alone and thus appearing that I was the idiot who couldn't park...

Rapscallion

Comment

This is a time where a tow truck company can really get some money! Charging $300 for the tow and then telling the owner that maybe next time they should watch how they park.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          I've occasionally had the displeasure of having to park straddling a marked out parking spot because the one driver to my left or right parked halfway over. This meant that every time I returned, I found my car alone and thus appearing that I was the idiot who couldn't park...

Rapscallion
                          One of the "perks" of driving a subcompact (no, I'm not being sarcastic about the Peterbilt of Natural Selection - my car is a small one) is that in many cases, I can fit into the partial spot a "straddle jerk" leaves behind. About a year and a half ago, I pulled into the lot at a convenience store right behind a "rectal sphincter", and there were 2 spaces left side-by-side. He proceeded to back into the right-hand space, but straddled the line, fouling the second space. Very carefully, I backed into what was left of the other space (took me a couple tries to be completely in the space without touching his car), and wound up mere inches from the driver's side of his car (i.e. even if he opened the door until it touched my car, there's no way he would be able to get in). By the time I finished parking, he was coming out of the store, and asked me "How am I supposed to get into my car?". My response was "I'm sorry - did I park over the line? (get out and look, knowing what I'd find) Nope, I'm completely within the space", at which point I go into the convenience store, and another person who was standing around and heard the exchange laughed.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Now _that's_ karma! How long did the moron have to wait for you?

Comment

I work in an auto repair shop... we get this all the time. There are about 20 well marked parking spaces, but people pull up in the exact center of the lot, and park there, instead, blocking all traffic. Once one person parks badly, the next three will also park badly, generating a nice tangled up mess so we can't get cars in and out of the shop, or even some of the parking spaces. There seems to be a mentality among certain people that they are the only person in the universe, and no one else actually exists or matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X