Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which I find the depths of the stupidity of my customers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I find the depths of the stupidity of my customers.

Me: Awesome Game Store Manager
    SC: Guy on phone.

Me: *Opening Spiel*
    SC: I was trying to order something on the website and was having some difficulties.
    Me: Lets see if we can remedy the problem *I pull up the website at my end*
    SC: Do I have to have a customer account to order?
    Me: No, just click on "guest account"
    SC: I want to order something but it says "sold out". What does that mean?
    Me:
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

There is no there there. This applies to both quest and quester.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      SC: I want to order something but it says "sold out". What does that mean?
      It means that you can't order that game any more, cuz' it's givin its soul to DA MAN!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good lord.

Did he think that sold out meant something else on a website? If he had been in your shop and was told that it was sold out he would have understood that.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
          If he had been in your shop and was told that it was sold out he would have understood that.
          thundered, "You're hiding it in the back! I've heard all about you lot at PFB!"
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            thundered, "You're hiding it in the back! I've heard all about you lot at PFB!"
            Of course. We hide everything the customers want in the back.

I hate it when people ask me if we have it in back when the shelf is empty. If we had it, it would be on the shelf. If it isn't on the shelf, we do not have it. The back room exists simply for loading and unloading trucks and for overstock.

Comment

To be fair, in my workplace at least, we do have stock in the reserve (back room equivalent), though we try to keep the floors as well-stocked as possible. I think in any case where it's not blatantly obvious that all the stock is out, it's fair enough for a customer to ask if something is being held out the back. Of course, once a person says that there's none of that item left out the back, the customer should not then argue.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
                Good lord.

Did he think that sold out meant something else on a website? If he had been in your shop and was told that it was sold out he would have understood that.
                Nah, he thinks that because it's a "virtual" store you can't ever run out of stuff. It's all replicated!
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

The only overstock we keep in back is holiday stuff, so if it isn't on the shelf, chances are we do not have it, but customers will argue with you anyway, even after being told we do not have it. They will insist that you call every other store in a 25 mile radius to see if they have it. It's gotten so bad my manager has told us to give them the store numbers and let them call so we don't tie up the phones.

Comment

"But how can the Internet be out?"

Comment

If I was coding a website for a games store, I'd have some fun with the sold out messages:

"We're sorry but your product is in another castle!"
                      "Game Over. We are sold out. Continue?"
                      "We're sorry, the dude from Grand Theft Auto has stolen your product."
                      "Product purchase failed. Restart from last checkpoint?"
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        I'd have some fun with the sold out messages:
                        404 Product Not Found

Purchase: Critical Error. Abort/Retry/Fail?

STOP Error...Product has experienced a critical shortage and had to be shut down...
                        Last edited by EricKei; 11-24-2012, 09:48 PM.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As Rose said to Ryu, "I'm sorry, but I simply cannot allow you to continue down this path."
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
                            Good lord.

Don't bet on it ...

Our back room could very well be hiding a pink elephant. It's small, oddly-shaped, and is jammed full of everything except the stuff we are out of (don't ask me how that works, I have no idea). We have a large enough supply of X and Y teas to keep the country going in a post-Armageddon world, but absolutely none of A, B, C, D or E teas, all of which are down to maybe a teaspoonful in the bins in the store.

Comment

I kinda like this one, from Streetfighter 2: "Go home and be a family man!" XD

The back room we have at the petrol station is small, crammed with stock but only stock that won't fit on the shelf, barring cigarettes which are locked in the cupboard and sometimes, if we're overwhelmed, don't go out. Some of my co-workers feel that if it's busy, then they can convieniently ignore the cigarettes, despite the fact that they're the easiest thing in the world to restock, as you can do so between customers.

Anyway, despite the smallness of the back room, a lot of customers are determined to believe that we keep a Tardis back there.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X