Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuteness, Hillarity, Stupidity and RAGE all in one day (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuteness, Hillarity, Stupidity and RAGE all in one day (Long)

Thankfully, I started work at ten today and as such missed much of the frothing wars over the more desperate bundles (we got in 5 wii Us that weren't on hold for anybody) and apparently missed an outright screaming match over a vita bundle. This however, did not stop the madness for the rest of the shift.

Starting off with the hilarity and ending with the cute.

Hillarity

A Misunderstanding

L.O. Little one, perhaps 6? has a budget of 10$ that he's been saving up to buy a game. Very excited about this by the tone of his voice, he's being permitted to pick out his own game and everything.
    L.O.D. Little one's dad. Watching to make sure he doesn't make a mess, and read words to big for him to understand.

L.O.: *looking at our 9.99$ and under bin* "Daddy, how much is this one?"
    L.O.D. : "Ah, 14... no, sorry read that wrong, it's 4.99$"
    L.O. : "4.99?! But how will I buy that?! I only have 10$!"

Stupidity

.... no.

SIM: smoke infused man, could be smelled from several feet away, very cheap cig smell. I am honestly not sure if he could read.
    SIMG: SIM's girlfriend.
    Me: Your caffeinated black Friday GameStore employee

SIMG: "Uuuhhhh..............Do.... you have any sales..... Today....?"
    Me: "We do indeed, was there something you wanted to find out in particular? We do have all of our pre-owned games as a buy 2 get one free deal!"
    SIMG: "....uh.... not for me... my boyfriend." *points to man*
    SIM: "Sales, do you have any?"
    Me: (It's black friday... we're a corporate owned retail store...is there one that doesn't...?) "Yes, we have quite a few sales, we have our buy-two-get-one free sale this weekend and quite a few others." *hands sales catalog* (we have enough sales to make an actual book this year) "All of our sales are in here!"
    SIM: "Can't you just show me everything that's on sale...?"
    Me: "Er... there's quite literally over a hundred things on sale in the store right now... was there a specific area you wanted...?"
    SIM: "all the things... on sale...?"
    Me: "Those are in the booklet, if you have a specific question, let me know!"

*time passes*

SIM: "Hey... are iPads on sale?"
    Me: "No, sadly none of the iThings are on sale today."
    SIM: "Are iPods on....Sale?"
    Me: "er... no."
    SIMG: " uuuhhhh..... what about iPod... touch?"
    Me: "no."

some variation of this would occur every 10 minutes or so for about an hour and a half. Always with something that wasn't on sale.

He eventually ends up getting a couple 360 games that are around 6 dollars each.

It is in fact the policy!

Me: Same as before, but now the ENFORCER.
    UAW: Underage woman
    UAWUC: Underage woman's unidentified companion.

It is store policy that if someone is buying an M rated game (movie equivalent, R) that they must be 17 or older or have an adult with them. If you look under 30, you need to have an ID. Anything that is valid and proves your age.

Me: "ok, Black ops 2 is a M rated game so I do need to see your ID"
    UAW: "Ok!" *displays id that shows she's 16*
    Me: "I'm really sorry, but I need you to have either someone who's your parent or responsible for you to buy this since you're under 17"
    UAW: "It's just a game!"
    Me: "Those are the rules."

UAW returns with a woman who could be anywhere from same age to 32
    Me:"Okay, I just need to see her id"
    UAW: "Oh come on she looks like she's 37!"
    Me: "I just need proof that she is..."
    UAWC: "Look, let's just go to another store."

It may have been sucky on my part, but I am NOT getting fired for a game, which is the way the store works. Sell 1 game to someone underage and someone writes in about it, and we are O. U. T.

The Rage

D.O.H.A.A.: Drunk off his Ass A*****e
    S.W. :Sad woman
    Me:
    B. : GameStore assistant manager. Worked at GameStore less than I have, but good guy, and has managed more than I.

S.W. Comes in crying, with D.O.H.A.A. following, looking pissed. B. gets to her first, so I find out that apparently D.O.H.A.A. is drunk, and so she doesn't want to have him drive them home, and she wants a taxi. We help her locate one in the book.

D.O.H.A.A. : "Well that's too... bad. My phone's dead."
    B.: "You can use our store phone."
    S. W. : "R... really?" *sniffles* "Thank you so much!" *calls taxi, arranges ride*
    Me: "Ah *local taxi cab service?* they're really nice, clean cabs, comfortable seats" (they are probably my favorite taxi service in the area, their seats are butter soft and warm, and they don't charge an arm and a leg)
    S.W.: "yes... they're pretty cheap too..."
    D.O.H.A.A. has wandered off, he keeps stalking in and out of the store for this entire time.
    S.W. Decides to take a look at our ds stuff, discovers items she really wants for her little girl, is excited that she got the last copy we had of the game.
    D.O.H.A.A. comes back in, says something that was too slurred for me to understand.
    S.W. "I'm getting her a christmas present! it's with my money!"
    D.O.H.A.A. proceeds to spit on S.W. If I wasn't working (story policy against violence and I REALLY need the rent money) so many
    She screams at him and tells him not to spit on her, B. whips over as he leaves again.
    B.: "M'am do you want us to call security on him?"
    SW: "I... it never really helps..."
    Me: "You don't have to take that, we can call security and you can get your ride home."
    SW: "If... if he's bad I'll come back in here... he's really only like this when he's drunk..."
    B: "If he comes in here, I will call security on him."
    SW goes back to her transaction, and we're almost done when D.O.H.A.A. comes back in.
    B: "Sir, you need to leave the store."
    D.O.H.A.A. :"Waitin on her."
    B: "Then you can wait outside."
    D.O.H.A.A: "Waitin on her."
    B.: Sir, you NEED to wait outside."
    D.O.H.A.A: "WAITIN ON HER!"
    B: "Sir, you are being disruptive and disrespectful, you can wait outside or I will call security to remove you."
    D.O.H.A.A: *blows rasberry and snorts*
    B *calls security as we finish up, D.O.H.A.A grabs SW"
    B: "I'm still filing that, I do not want him walking around." *finishes call* security shows up about 10 seconds later (mall has a lot of money, overstaffs security, something for which we're intensely glad of on nights like these) "Gives them report"
    D.O.H.A.A: Runs when he sees security, tries to hide in nearby bookstore, but is found, given a 1 year ban, police decided not to press charges because SW didn't want to.

I really wish I could do more, she said she already had the number for the local support groups and shelters when I offered to get them for her so this is probably a long term thing. Best B and I could think of to do is get her home safe for the night and him away while he was drunk.

Cute

M: Mom
    G: Grandmom

M & G were in here looking for games for their son, they were very excited about our ds3d bundle, as it saved them money and meant they could get even more games, and then we told them we had buy 2 get one free on our preowned stuff. It was like we had told them they were going to have a second christmas. I overheard this while I was helping my manager run games

M: "Now G, that game's new, not used, so it doesn't fit into the sale!"
    G: "Oh, nonsense, it looks cool! we should get him some cool games as well, and they don't have it used! add some money from my account for it!"

we think she secretly wanted the game for herself, and she was very sad that we didn't have any nerf cases for her regular ds.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Not enough for its own thread but fits here.

Coworker and I were out for lunch yesterday. Sweet Little Od Grandma and Grandson were coming out of GameStore.

G:Thanks for this Grandma, I owe you one.
    SLOG: Yer damned right you do.

Comment

Working...
    X