Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIGH Don't prank callers have anything better to do with their time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIGH Don't prank callers have anything better to do with their time?

My guess is, probably not. I was the unlucky unfortunate victim last night when I delivered some food to the address. I'm only in my second week, and I have already had way more than my fair share of tricky customers and places that I have had to deliver to.
    I have already mentioned in previous stories that my GM thinks I am just a tad slow, so I am trying to impress him. I'm mostly using my GPS but still looking at the map. But when I spoke the address into the GPS, something different kept coming up and I have to call the customer, which I do about 3 times, and the phone number is disconnected.
    So I call the store, and another driver gives me directions. I finally get to the street, but I cannot find 3212. I see 3204 and then the houses go down from there. I asked some people who were standing outside if they knew this address, and they said maybe it was 1 of those streets where the house numbers just fluctuate like that. I drove up and down the street, and the numbers keep going down. Going back to the end of the street, the highest it goes is 3204, but no 3212. At this point I am getting extremely pissed off, as I am worried about what my GM will say, as he has pretty much already put me on final notice for not being fast enough, even though its only been a week. The people I talked to offered to buy the food, but I had to take it back to the store. No payment collected, no tip. This was just fucking great!
    Although my GM and other managers realized that this was not my fault, they defended the customer by saying that it was probably an honest mistake. Ok, let's go over this again.... A house number that doesn't exist, and a phone number that has been disconnected. And the food never left the store. How in the fuck did they order the dam food if the phone number they gave us was disconnected? Because they most likely pranked us using another phone and gave a number they knew was disconnected.
    I am so pissed right now, that if I saw the person who did it, I would really have to restrain myself from throwing the pizza in their face, and forcing them to pay for it, with a generous tip for my gas and time wasted!
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 11-24-2012, 01:41 PM.

Happens to us from time to time. But we pretty much know the roads and can smell a bad order. Before we put it through we call back and check.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      Although my GM and other managers realized that this was not my fault, they defended the customer by saying that it was probably an honest mistake. Ok, let's go over this again.... A house number that doesn't exist, and a phone number that has been disconnected. And the food never left the store. How in the fuck did they order the dam food if the phone number they gave us was disconnected? Because they most likely pranked us using another phone and gave a number they knew was disconnected.
      This is why the store needs to call the number BEFORE the driver is sent out. To me (disclaimer - I don't deliver pizza), a disconnected number is a RED FLAG that the driver is being set up for a robbery. Order needs to be auto-cancelled.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

True, you make a good point, but look at it from their perspective. Do you think that they're going to call back every single number? For all they know, the customer probably used a different phone to call them from. And our store simply does not have time during a big rush to call every number back to make sure its not a prank. The fact that the dumbass who did this provided us with a false address and number is not even discovered until the unfortunate delivery driver goes all the way out there and sees this. Its hard to tell which orders are legit, and which ones are setups.
        Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 11-26-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

One place that I get deliveries from every so often keeps track of those who call in orders. They tell them that for the first few deliveries they will call the number back to make sure the directions taken will be the best. If the person refuses the call back they are told the order will not be a delivery and they must pick it up. This was started after a group of college students wasted a TON of food giving out false numbers and addresses....pays when like businesses talk to each other.

Comment

Working...
          X