X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two live ones from tonight

I announce to you.....

I was dispatched to a known serial stiffer. As in no tip/joke tip/keep the change tip or a big fat ZERO on a CC slip.

The guys total is $15.03. He hands me 3 $5 bills and then loudly announces "HERE is 5 cents." and presses a coin into my hand. I think OK he is giving me a nickle. NOPE. He as the audascity to hand me 5 freaking pennies. He then grabs the pizza and closes the door.

I "lose" 2 pennies on the porch.

Come on people be a little kinder. A straight stiff I can handle (esp from a serial stiffer), BUT to announce to me that you are ACTUALLY gracing/greasing my palm with a 2 CENT TIP???????

I talk like a dog howling at a police siern

about a hour before this call came in an order was placed with an invalid address AND a wrong phone number. The order taker initially DID confirm with the caller the address and phone number.

phone rings and I answer

ME - your friendly neighborhood "I really wanna be a serial killer" delivery driver
    CBT - Charlie Brown's Teacher

me - <standard phone greeting>
    CBT - MNKOLJKKLDIOUKJJKJKKJIK
    me - I am sorry sir but I did not understand what you just said
    CBT - MKM<MMMEMKOLDKLKDJLKJL
    me - Sorry sir you seem to be breaking up and I can not understand what you are saying
    CBT = MNLJUHKLHKJHKLJHKJL PIZZA
    me - Do you want to place an delivery order????
    CBT - MNLKJHKJHIUBHKJKJ PIZZA!!!!!!!!
    me - again I am sorry BUT I can not understand what you are saying.
    CBT - <in a really rushed tone and voice> WHEREISMYPIZZA?????
    me - may I have your phone number and address please
    CBT - MNLNNMNNNN
    me - <getting very frustrated now> I am sorry but I did not catch the phone number and address. you are still breaking up.
    CBT - <finally getting the hint that either his phone is fucked up or he is not really talking at a speed that I a mere human can understand> 496 Moron St and my phone number is 666 - 6666.
    me - OK I see the problem. you gave the wrong address and phone number to our order taker. so we will remake your order ASAP and have it to you in 20 minutes for free.

Seriously, the guy talked like the adults in the Charlie Brown animated cartoons
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

wow. he gives the wrong information, they read it back to him and he confirms it
    and now he gets free pizza?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      wow. he gives the wrong information, they read it back to him and he confirms it

Sounds like it was deliberate so you would comp him a pizza.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

Ridiculous, isn't it? He's the one who screwed up the address, why should he get rewarded for it?

I think he should have had to pay for both orders: the original order that didn't get to him (and which they probably had to toss out) because he couldn't get his address right, and the second order when he called back to complain.
        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

You have to wonder what happened to Guy number one to make him like that. I can understand "too cheap/ignorant to tip." But to actively go out of your way to be mean about it? Did his wife run off with a delivery driver? Dog get run over by one? It's just sad.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            You have to wonder what happened to Guy number one to make him like that. I can understand "too cheap/ignorant to tip." But to actively go out of your way to be mean about it? Did his wife run off with a delivery driver? Dog get run over by one? It's just sad.
            Some people are just flippin' cheap ass shits. I didn't have too many of these when I did this, but I had a few. It's annoying.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              The guy is only in his late teens or early 20s at best.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              Some people are just flippin' cheap ass shits. I didn't have too many of these when I did this, but I had a few. It's annoying.
              people have various reasons for not tipping and for the most part I am fine with that. It is just part of the job, but I agree with Sapphire some people are just cheap or ignorant or mean.

AND This is same person who could not understand why I wanted him to fill out all of the lines (tip AND TOTAL) on a CC slip. EVEN after I explained to him about unethical, immoral or dishonest persons (not me BUT CC slips do pass through a couple of hands) adding say a $10 tip on that $15 order and just a general protection for his debt/credit card.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                AND This is same person who could not understand why I wanted him to fill out all of the lines (tip AND TOTAL) on a CC slip. EVEN after I explained to him about unethical, immoral or dishonest persons (not me BUT CC slips do pass through a couple of hands) adding say a $10 tip on that $15 order and just a general protection for his debt/credit card.
                Oh, good lord. This is just plain common sense. What an idiot; he deserves to be scammed.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Actually, there are times that a 2-cent tip can be appropriate - but it takes some real effort to mess up service that bad.

My thinking is this: if the service is deplorable, a 1-cent tip could be mistaken for an "oops, it fell out of his pocket." 2-cents says "I really want to let you know that the service I received was amongst the worst in my life."

Give that, if your job is to deliver a pizza to his door, how badly can that be done to deserve the 2-cent-tip? I can't see it. (I always tip 15-20% to pizza delivery drivers, they use their own car to make sure I get my pizza nice and hot, they deserve it. But for some reason, they always seem surprised that I gave them what they earned...)

I just hope they didn't make you pay for the undelivered pizza.
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Rather than start a new thread

I present

One more winner

Got dispacthed to a different know serial stiffer tonight.

The total is $12.92. The guy hands me $13 and says "Here is a little tip for you" and hands me a couple of coins. I am hoping (yeah right) they are dollar coins but that would be pushing it way to far. 1 Nickle and 1 Dime. so I got a 23 cent BIG BIG BIG tip.

And not we as drivers do not have to pay for undelivered/underliverable orders. makes for a nice free lunch for the next 2 days though.

Comment

you're lucky on that one then.

at my pizza pizza job back in the early 90s they wouldn't let us keep mistakes. they said it would encourage us to screw things up.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        The total is $12.92. The guy hands me $13 and says "Here is a little tip for you" and hands me a couple of coins. I am hoping (yeah right) they are dollar coins but that would be pushing it way to far. 1 Nickle and 1 Dime. so I got a 23 cent BIG BIG BIG tip.
                        Well, he DID say it was a "little tip."

Doesn't mean he's not an asshole. I'm just saying.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                          Actually, there are times that a 2-cent tip can be appropriate - but it takes some real effort to mess up service that bad.

My thinking is this: if the service is deplorable, a 1-cent tip could be mistaken for an "oops, it fell out of his pocket." 2-cents says "I really want to let you know that the service I received was amongst the worst in my life."
                          Like the one restaurant we went to yeeeeears ago where we could hear the waitstaff arguing over whose table it was. Arguing as in, "It's your table. No it's not, it's yours." Yeah, never went back there.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In those stiuations described in a server/waiter environment I agree a 2 cent tip would be appropriate.

But in my case I have been nothing but, at the very least, polite and nice.

These people are just, as one poster above me said, assholes.

Comment

I used to deliver pizzas a long time ago and I can feel your pain believe me.

I did deliveries part time back before the age of cell phones. You had to call either from the store phone or find a pay phone to get directions. And there were a few neighborhoods that had absolutely zero house numbers posted by the street. Even worse were the couple of roads where the house numbers not only weren't posted, the numbers were out of order.

The serial no-tippers got put on an informal "deadbeat list" that was circulated among drivers. They got served dead last. It wasn't that we didn't try, we would add extras to their orders, initially put them first in line, be extra friendly, all we could think of, but no tip ever. So they ended up getting their orders after everyone else no matter how we had to route our deliveries on those runs.
                              Proud Oath Keeper and 3 Percenter!

Comment

Working...
                              X