This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close encounters with the EW kind!

Quick BG. I work at a game store in a mall. We do at times try and order in board games for people. It is never guaranteed, we just tell them that we will try.

Cast:

Me: Awesome game store manager although I play no role in this story, just my thoughts.
    Boss: My awesome Gord 2.0 boss
    SC: Rather large white guy.

SC: *Comes to counter, talks to me* I came in here twice in the past few weeks and you guys promised me that you would order in <insert random game>, is it in yet?
    Boss: Sorry but we havent been able to get it in.
    So far, nothing out of the ordinary, this happens sometimes.
    SC: *Getting angry and up in my bosses face* YOU LIED TO ME!!!
    Boss: Sorry but I never lied to you.
    SC: *Now starting to shout at the top of his voice* HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF LYING!!! I AM THE CUSTOMER AND I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!
    Boss: Sir, please calm down.
    SC: I am going to smash your head into the concrete, you F****T, You are so DEAD!!!!

At this point Mall Security showed up and led the SC off who was still screaming at my boss swearing that he would sue my boss!
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I love how some people believe that they can just magically change the state of something not actually existing just by saying the magic words "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT".

It doesn't matter if you're "right", the store still doesn't have the game. Oh wait, forgot where I was for a second.

Comment

of course the customer is always right. the game is in "the back", stacks of it, right next to a pot of gold, a corral of unicorns, the winning lottery numbers and the necronomicon. they're only keeping him from getting it because they just want to ruin his christmas
      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

The customer is always right. Suuuure they are. Yet another phrase that has been completely abused and twisted around.

Let's look at another common phrase: the pen is mightier than the sword. Great idea. But if you have two people facing each other in a parking lot, and one has a pen and one has a sword, unless the guy with the pen is Bruce freakin' Lee, the guy with the sword is going to win every single time.

My point: the next time some customer pull out "The customer is always right," pull out a sword. They will change their tune very quickly.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          My point: the next time some customer pull out "The customer is always right," pull out a sword. They will change their tune very quickly.
          Could I use my battleaxe instead? I'm not really a sword guy.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i'm more of a "lick my palm and touch you" girl myself. Germs - it's what brought down the aliens in War of the Worlds
            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Gord 2.0? Can he build an Acts of Gord - The New Testament web site? Because that would be awesome.

Comment

At this point Mall Security showed up and led the SC off who was still screaming at my boss swearing that he would sue my boss!
                what, the SC's going to sue because he got booted from the mall for making death threats?

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
                  of course the customer is always right. the game is in "the back", stacks of it, right next to a pot of gold, a corral of unicorns, the winning lottery numbers and the necronomicon. they're only keeping him from getting it because they just want to ruin his christmas
                  Shhhh!! You're giving away store secrets!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Could I use my battleaxe instead? I'm not really a sword guy.
                    Quoth An Haddock View Post
                    Gord 2.0? Can he build an Acts of Gord - The New Testament web site? Because that would be awesome.
                    Now we can have the Axe of the Gord.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      And if they respond "Violence never resolved anything", tell them (paraphrasing David Drake) "Ask the folks at the Carthiganian embassy or the Confederate States of America embassy for their opinion on that".
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Now we can have the Axe of the Gord.
                        I prefer the Slayer of the Lifeless.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Who ever made up the lie of "The customer is always right." is a freaking douche bag. But I guess when they made up that lie back in the old days people weren't such assholes??

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                            Who ever made up the lie of "The customer is always right." is a freaking douche bag. But I guess when they made up that lie back in the old days people weren't such assholes??
                            No, they were. The customer is always right is yet another marketing ploy thought up by some numbwit at corporate who has no idea what real life is like.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think it originally had an implied addendum: "... when they make a reasonable request."

For instance, if I ask for my burger with no tomato, you make it with no tomato. Or if you have beetroot slices available for a different burger, and I want beetroot instead of tomato, go ahead.
                              (Presuming that where you are, beetroot and tomato are roughly equal in ingredient cost.)

Or if my piece of expensive electronics has a manufacturing flaw, then I'm 'right' to ask you to get it repaired or replaced at your (or the manufacturer's) expense - not at mine.

If I'm willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for premium service, and you're capable of supplying premium service, then the business benefits from you doing so.

... and lot's of 'and so ons'.

The problem comes in when people insist on the premium service without the premium price. Or want to replace cheap tomato with expensive avocado. Or want their expensive gadget replaced because they themselves broke it.

IE: unreasonable requests.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X