This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Drama Queen

In the UK we have two types of driver’s licences. Pink and green. The pink one is an official license for people who have passed their test. The green one is for people who have not passed yet and are still learning. Most typical UK teenagers get their gets their green one when they turn 17. This is quite important to my thread. Well, it’s very important in fact.

So a young looking guy who later turned out to be the biggest fucking drama queen in the world came to the bar.

YG: Can I have a double vodka lemonade please?
    Me: Can I just check your ID first please?
    YG: Sure.

He hands me a green provisional license. However the date of birth on it proves he is six months underage!

Me: I’m sorry, I can’t serve you. You have just proven you are underage.
    YG: No! No! I just haven’t passed my test yet! I don’t have my pink license! I am old enough to drink!
    Me: No. This is an official form of ID and it states you were born in 1995. The drinking age is 18 and you have just proven that you are 17.
    YG: Just because I have a green license doesn’t mean I am under 18. Don’t you understand??
    Me: I do understand. In fact, I am 27 and I hold a green one. Would you like to see mine that also has my date of birth on it?
    YG: I am old enough to drink! I just haven’t passed my driving test!
    Me: You cannot get served! The date of birth says you are 17!

This went around in circles a couple of times. I called a co-worker over.

Me: CW, can you check this ID? Just in case I have misread it or something.
    CW: 1995? Yeah he’s not old enough to drink.
    YG: Why are you doing this??? Do you have something against people who haven’t passed their tests or something??
    Me: What is your date of birth??? Confirm it for me!
    YG: No.
    Me: OK, you’re not getting served.

He started to get teary-eyed. I am not joking. He started sniffing and rubbing his eyes.

CW: Oh for God’s sake.
    YG: Well what do you expect?? All I want is a nice drink with my friends and you are so mean and won’t let me!
    Me: Right, I don’t know what kind of weird, dramatic game you’re trying to play here but you just gave me government issued ID that proves you are under the legal drinking age. What do you expect me to do?
    YG: It’s not fair!
    Me: You do know I could confiscate this as you attempted to commit fraud?
    YG: *more tears* No, please, don’t.
    Me: Go home.

I handed him his ID back. He walked over to his friend and started screeching and pointing at me with a very red face. All of them left.

An 18 year old member of staff walked up to me giggling.

CW2: I know that guy. He’s in my drama class.
    Me: A drama student? That much was obvious!

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    CW2: I know that guy. He’s in my drama class.
    Me: A drama student? That much was obvious!
    A for the "drama" part, but his acting was rather wooden and juvenile. C- at best. Although turning on the water works on command might get him a few parts in some lousy daytime soap opera somewhere...
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

That kid sounds like a little bitch. Once he's old enough to drink in 6 months, it won't even matter. I get so tired of people who stress themselves over something they can't have then claim people are being mean to them.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        A for the "drama" part, but his acting was rather wooden and juvenile. C- at best. Although turning on the water works on command might get him a few parts in some lousy daytime soap opera somewhere...
        Guy needs to take some improvisational classes. He had a good lead in when the OP offered his own license but didn't take it. Sad.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Sounds like he should get into some Method acting. Have some painful experiences to draw upon to conjure up the requisite emotions.

Let's help him out! Start by smacking him in the face and calling him an idiot.

Gah, what a moron.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

What a douche. I wonder if he thought that the licence was like a super-secret unlock card.

And yes, I also had my licence when I was 18. Down here you can go for your learners when you're sixteen. I didn't go for mine until I was almost 19.

Tomorrow I am eligible to upgrade for my full licence.

The learners, provisional and full licence colours here are all very different, along with the proof of age card. All of them are exactly identical in the setup, with the name and address of the person, a photo and then up the top, your client number (which is identical for my POA card and my licence), if you're driving or not and similar. The only difference between my licence and POA card is that the POA card has my birthdate in nice big numbers, while the licence doesn't.

Learners are a gold colour, provisional is red, full licence is blue, proof of age card is green and those who drive a heavy vehicle (including bus drivers) have a maroon stripe on theirs. The colour is a stripe up the top.

even then I knew full well that licence/card =/= getting a drink.

Although the ultimate fail came from someone who once tried to let me use his school ID to purchase cigarettes. Even though the student ID cards are all made up the same way, they are apparently really easy to forge and thus are not valid for age-restricted products. You CAN use them for student discounts though.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Okay, Drama Queen, let's take it slowly, from the top.

Yes, your license is the wrong color. That has nothing to do with the refusal to serve you.

The fact that said license lists your birth year as 1995, thus making you 17 and under the legal age for alcohol purchase in the UK, has EVERYTHING to do with the refusal to serve you.

Stop trying to make this something it is not.

Fucking douchebag asshole scumbag twat.

(And BOY would he ever be disappointed if he ever tried to use that ID for alcohol purchases in the U.S., since our drinking age is 21, not 18.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                Tomorrow I am eligible to upgrade for my full licence.
                Congratulations!!
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Congratulations!!
                  Thanking you.

Basically the only difference between my provisional and full licence is that on the provisional licence I had to:

-Display "P" plates for a while. (I haven't had to since June/July this year) These were red-on-white, although some states also require green-on-white or even the opposite (white-on-red/white-on-green) for what's known as your P2's. (in my state, you don't need to display your plates for P2's)

-Not drink any alcohol (lemon, lime and bitters were OK because of the trace amount of alcohol in them, which wans't enough to get you buzzed) while driving. (I had to have a breatho reading of 0.000 every time, legal limit is 0.050)

-Can't go any faster than 100km/h even in a 110km/h zone. (still won't be doing it for a week or so to give my car time to adjust)

-Can't accrue any demerit points on my licence. (lucky me has a clean record )

-For a while, I wasn't allowed to use any handsfree devices in the car (with the exception of my GPS unit)

I celebrated upgrading to my P2's by burning my P-Plates

Although what's funny is that my sister, who got her licence before I did (which caused a breakdown), has still yet to upgrade from her P1's to her P2's.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Unfortunately, I know a person who is 25 years old and still clings dearly to the defense that people are being "mean" when he hears things he doesn't want to hear.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Unfortunately, I know a person who is 25 years old and still clings dearly to the defense that people are being "mean" when he hears things he doesn't want to hear.
                      From personal experience, I've met 30+ year old people who do that too, though I guess it shouldn't be surprising. If you haven't learned by 10 that nobody cares about your fragile ego but you, then you probably never will
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You sure he wasn't a

Drama King?

Sorry couldn't help it.

Comment

Total drama llama

I got age checked today. I didn't scream or pitch a fit. I simply pulled out my passport and the girl said to me. "Oh I bet you're 24 or something." I raise a eyebrow and said. "oh a little bit older then that." She looked at my passport and her eyebrows shot up and said. "just a bit." I just smiled and said. "good genes."

I'm 35.

Day made!
                          As soon as I start thinking
                          That I'm sensible and sane
                          The Random Hedgehog comes along
                          And fiddles with my Brain
                          (from card I got)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            Welcome to life, fucker. Life is mean. Deal with it.

(And no, I don't agree that people who say things you don't like or disagree with are "mean," but if you think that way, well, life is mean.)

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                            I got age checked today.

I'm 35.
                            In late May, two weeks before my birthday, I got carded. At a bar I used to work at. (No, not by someone I used to work with.)

The punchline? Two weeks later on my birthday, I turned 42.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

We carded a woman today when she was buying cigarettes, she already had her ID out and ready just in case. I'm not sure how old she was (I'm really bad at guessing age but I'd say maybe early to mid 30's?)

Her: *handing over card* Always have it just in case. Why? Do I look 18?
                              Me + Coworker: YUP! *accompanied by exuberant head nodding.*
                              Her: Thanks.

Wish they'd all be like that.
                              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X