Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC Logic: cancel a service, get it back for free!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Logic: cancel a service, get it back for free!

Before I go back to lurking, leaving a few more tales from call center tech support ( i work for satellite tv)

I actually only got the pleasure of speaking to this gentleman briefly, so what went on before was pieced together by notes on his account and my coworkers who had to suffer through it all before me.

Surly Sir, Call One: I want to cancel my hd (hi definition) access! You thieves are charging me ten dollars a month for this crap and it doesn't even look like hd! Take it off my account!

Agent/Victim #1: Actually sir, we can't remove hd access; it's a requirement if you have hd equip -

Surly Sir:

(I don't know exactly what happened, but he was apparently so obnoxious that someone overruled policy and took the hd access off his account).

Call Two

Surly Sir: You unbelievable buffoons removed channels from my account! Return them immediately and give me a credit for my pain and suffering!

Agent/Victim 2: Um, actually Sir, I see hear that you removed hd access and those channels are only in hd -

Surly Sir: *slams down phone*

Call is noted as customer educated as to cause of missing channels - disconnected call.

Calls Three, Four, and Five are all variations of call two. One agent gets Surly Sir to stay on the phone long enough to explain to him with the loving patience of a kindergarten teacher that said channels are only available in high definition. There is no standard definition version. If he wants them back he needs to pay for high definition access, which is ten dollars per month. According to the increasingly colorful notes on the account, Surly Sir pronounces our tech support agents liars and incompetent, insists his satellite receiver is broken, and wants a service call. Unimpressed, the last agent he speaks to me before me gives him a politely worded 'hell no' and the phone is slammed down once more.

There's no way this guy is that stupid. Clearly, he thinks if he bitches enough, we will decide that he is so great that we will just return his hd access and not charge him for it, because it's not like we're a business or anything....

Call Six:

mysticgirl: Thank you for calling The Biggest Satellite Company Ever, my name is -

Surly Sir: I don't want to talk to you! GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR RIGHT NOW!!!!

mysticgirl: Yay! (thankfully the mute button was on when I expressed that sentiment).

I unmuted the phone to ask him per our stupid required policy if he was really sure he wanted a supervisor and couldn't I just pretty please help him because I haven't had my daily quota of verbal abuse yet and was delighted when he refused by loudly yelling in my ear about our inadequacy. I transferred him over to an equally surly supervisor. Sadly we aren't privy to supervisor notes but when I checked the account later it looks like the supervisor cancelled some of his services and refused to give him any credits. Double yay!

Hmm, you just used 2 words that should never be in the same sentence. SC and Logic. (dammit, I just did it too).

The Stupid is strong in this one.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

"It doesn't even look like HD!"

This echoed a conversation where I learned only certain cables would work for HD and if I dared not have them connected . . . then I'd get a nice little warning box.

This also relates to my father getting sold a "special cable" to connect to the TV from the receiver as it was required. Was it the HDMI cable we have now?

NO! It was component! Red/Green/Blue/Blue/Green connectors (why blue/green instead of white/red?) . . . which we were using anyway. When asked why our HDMI cable wasn't working we got a silence and "huh that's weird".

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I fell out of my chair laughing after reading this story. Tis the last couple months, and all I've had to deal with concerning HD and services . . . has made me bitter and cynical about the "awesome spectacle" of High Definition signal.

Comment

Kereminde, your HD really should look better than your SD. You probably have some channels that only come in SD; if you compare them to your HD the HD should look better. If it doesn't, there's a problem. Component cables, red blue & green, are actually hd capable whereas red white & yellow are not. I can't believe they charged you for component cables though; where I work we give them out like candy, for free. HDMI cables are recommended as best for you, but they can cause some problems too, my favorite *heavy sarcasm* is when a power surge renders hdmi ports useless (can happen on your receiver or your tv) and they never ever work again. (this is why we give out so many component cables). Really though, you should be able to get a nice picture with component cables regardless. If you'd like, send me a PM.

Comment

I actually had to go a step above the regular phone agents with my "Prairie" TV/phone/internet company. I recently purchased a new TV for the bedroom, and needed to upgrade to a HD box from the SD I dd have. First call, I was told they'd send me a box to return the SD box, and I'd receive the HD box in 3-5 business days. A week later, I called back in (on a Monday), only to be told that it wasn't a self-install, and that a tech would be there Thursday between 12-5. OK, only 3 more days. Come Thursday, by 4:45 when I havent had so much as a phone call, I called them back. Now, I'm told that the tech I scheduled for NEXT Thursday. I was not happy at that point. I did apologize to the rep (never any rudeness, just frustration), and explained that I'd been trying to get this done for 3 weeks now, and kept getting different answers on every phone call. After that call ended, I went to their webpage and under 'contact us' there was an executive contact link.

I found the contact for our local area, e-mailed her, explained the situation, and within 5 minutes had a response that she would handle the scheduling, ,and what day would be good for me. I explained that I really only had the next day (Friday), or the weekend open. Within 30 minutes, she responded back that a tech would be at my home between 8 & 10 the next morning, and to contact her if I had any problems.

Could not be happier with the end result, and I did send her an e-mail letting her know that the people I spoke with were great, but I was frustrated with the time to get it installed, and getting different answers on every phone call. I also made a point to thank her for her help.

Now to return to your regularly-scheduled thread.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
            Hmm, you just used 2 words that should never be in the same sentence. SC and Logic. (dammit, I just did it too).

The Stupid is strong in this one.
            Maybe it's me but I'm thinking the customer wasn't "stupid" as much as he was ... conniving.

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
              (why blue/green instead of white/red?)

To distinguish them from audio component cables.

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
                (why blue/green instead of white/red?)...
                Quoth sms001 View Post
                To distinguish them from audio component cables.
                When I was an engineering tech at Electro-Controls (a defunct stage lighting equipment manufacturer) we told a new kid (whose dad I knew) that the lighting control consoles wouldn't work unless she used black wire for common, red for +5, orange for +12, yellow for +24, violet for -5 and blue for -12 the consoles flat out wouldn't work.

She dame back the next day a little miffed that she'd believed the "experts"... She'd asked daddy... a ham radio operator and excellent high school teacher of electronics.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

another issue we had when we got our HD tv is we had to reset our box so it would transmit up to 1080. otherwise it would not go above 720.
                  Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                  Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                  Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I have a feeling I know who you work for because I have service with them as well. I don't like having to pay the extra ten bucks a month either, considering how high my bill is already. However, I certainly wouldn't take it out on the reps., who have no control over the policy. The guy was an idiot.

Comment

I don't know if all HDTVS work this way but I refuse to watch any standard channels on my tv cause they look like garbage. It's just not good. The HD channels look awesome.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        I don't know if all HDTVS work this way but I refuse to watch any standard channels on my tv cause they look like garbage. It's just not good. The HD channels look awesome.
                        Which explains why I dumped Kabletown company in my area for a certain Awesome Greatest Satellite Company Ever earlier this year... since Kabletown takes forever in adding certain channels in HD (ie: Fox Soccer HD) yet are quick to add worthless crap channels such as QVC HD. Of course now Fox Soccer HD is almost worthless to me since NBC Sports picked up the MLS games Fox Soccer used to carry and now is getting EPL next season. But hey that means more soccer will be broadcasted on NBC which I know a few cable/sat-less friends of mine are happy about.
                        New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                        New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Working...
                        X