• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
    or

1. kid drinks vinegar
    2. employee has no fucking idea kid would be that stupid
    3. mommy dearest dumbest comes in and tries to pin the blame for kid's stupidity on employee
    4. employee refuses to take blame for said stupidity
    5. hilarity threats of litigation ensue...
    6. employee continues to refuse to take blame
    7. employer fires employee
    8. employee refuses to take that lying down
    9. awesomeness ensues
    10. employer is fired
    11. employee is rehired
    12. kid is still stupid
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      6. employee continues to refuse to take blame
      7. employer fires employee
      8. employee refuses to take that lying down
      9. awesomeness ensues
      10. employer is fired
      11. employee is rehired
      12. kid is still stupid
      i recognize that!

but you forgot...
      a) Manager leaves HARASSING voicemail on employees phone
      b) Employee takes voicemails to labor board
      c) Labor board has a field day with that
      d) manager gets his ass handed to him IIRC.

Comment

I am actually surprised parents haven't yelled at me yet for yelling at their kids.

I have told a few kids to get down off the railing on the upstairs deck. Since, you know, if they go over that, it's a straight drop to the street.

I have told a few kids to get down off the window shelf by the video games.

But my most common thing is what I say to kids who go running full speed through the bar to or from the bathrooms or the video games: "NO RUNNING!" Like a lifeguard. Which for me is just FUN!

And yet, to date, not one parent has scolded me, corrected me, put me in my place, told me not to talk to their kids like that, etc.

Hmmm....no parents lecturing me on how I talk to their kids. No one blaming me for ruining their Christmas. No one blaming me for ruining their vacation. What the HELL am I doing wrong?

Well, at least I do have a couple of ridiculous complaints and at least one threat of violence against me. That oughtta count for something!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          i recognize that!

but you forgot...
          a) Manager leaves HARASSING voicemail on employees phone
          b) Employee takes voicemails to labor board
          c) Labor board has a field day with that
          d) manager gets his ass handed to him IIRC.
          IIRC harrassing manager was later fired for all sort of shenanigans such as disappearing merchandise and not working the hours they claimed they did.

That's a classic thread, the one that led me here. Need to read it (and Jester's classic SHIT WEASEL) again!

Comment

Wow. I'm glad "The Saga of Shit Weasel" ranks so highly with you. (Next month will be six years at my current job, which is the one I used to escape the job with Shit Weasel.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

hmm. not sure if I've read "shit weasel" although I know I've read "vinegar boy" Heading over to check it out.

and
              Hmmm....no parents lecturing me on how I talk to their kids. No one blaming me for ruining their Christmas. No one blaming me for ruining their vacation. What the HELL am I doing wrong?
              IIRC the kids you've had to yell at lately were trying to buy booze... so they didn't have Mommy and Daddy in tow to watch the spectacle of little junior getting shitfaced.

Dang: took me a while to find the saga & update but i found it!
              off to read...
              Last edited by PepperElf; 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Apparently Key West is so amazingly beautiful and warm, it mellows out even the suckiest of tourists.
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Wow. I'm glad "The Saga of Shit Weasel" ranks so highly with you. (Next month will be six years at my current job, which is the one I used to escape the job with Shit Weasel.)
                  I'm assuming no more sightings. And did you ever hear from your last employer, the one who treated you quite differently than Shit Weasel?

Comment

Whoa. Just read the whole nine pages of this and am sitting here with open mouth. What an unbelievable beeyitch that woman was. First of all, solid F in parenting skills. I cannot even imagine raising children so rude that they would speak like that to a store employee (and I have 3 kids). If I'd walked up on them acting like that in a store, I would have been mortified, and the only person getting screamed at would have been said children. So she's raising a bunch of little punks who undoubtedly already have juvie records and she thinks it's ok to scream at someone who's trying to keep her little snotrags safe. Then to demand that they be fired?! I hope an Acme safe drops out of the sky on her.

I'm glad to hear you won't be in trouble, although your 'warning' was absurd. I agree that the reason why ChristmasCruella keeps calling is because no one at the higher end has stood up to her. Your managers need to grow a pair and tell this twatwaffle that there is absolutely no way you need to be fired or disciplined, that they have video of her children unsupervised and unsafe and she's lucky they didn't call the authorities. She and she alone is responsible for the conduct of minors in her care.

Sorry - people like that just make me so angry! Update us when you get a chance.

Comment

Well, here's my chance. > She came in today still ranting and raving about "why isn't she fired yet?!" she actually asked a couple of my coworkers about me and my personality and what they thought about me as a person. I couldn't belive it, I'm gonna go in early tomorrow and talk to the store manager and my union rep and tell them that if she doesn't stop I wanna get a restraining order or something. This shit is rediculous and I want it to stop, at first it was annoying now it's pissing me off.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                        I'm gonna go in early tomorrow and talk to the store manager and my union rep and tell them that if she doesn't stop I wanna get a restraining order or something. This shit is rediculous and I want it to stop, at first it was annoying now it's pissing me off.
                        Absolutely get a restraining order and start the paper trail. This has gone beyond. Stay safe.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          hmm. not sure if I've read "shit weasel" although I know I've read "vinegar boy" Heading over to check it out.

Dang: took me a while to find the saga & update but i found it!
                          off to read...
                          Can you link it? I can't find it! I'm gonna cry now...
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            IIRC harrassing manager was later fired for all sort of shenanigans such as disappearing merchandise and not working the hours they claimed they did.

That's a classic thread, the one that led me here. Need to read it (and Jester's classic SHIT WEASEL) again!
                            Can somebody direct me to these two threads? I can't find them
                            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                              I couldn't belive it, I'm gonna go in early tomorrow and talk to the store manager and my union rep and tell them that if she doesn't stop I wanna get a restraining order or something..
                              Do it. Any credibility she might have had has pretty much gone out the window. File a harrassment report with the police if it keeps up. I've had to do that before with a customer ( >.> ) and it was fairly successful.

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                                Can somebody direct me to these two threads? I can't find them
                                First one is Vinegar Boy, in the Annals of Ancient CS.

Err, I mean War Stories. Sorry about the confusion.

SC
                                Last edited by BroSCFischer; 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM. Reason: Wrong Forum mentioned
                                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                                X