This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Van Man: This Is War!

We've been having trouble with a white van man illegally parking on the forecourt. For those not in the know, the forecourt is a no parking area due to fire regulations, cept for customers popping in for shopping in the kiosk or emergency vehicles. This guy is neither. He sticks his giant white van on the forecourt then buggers off for several hours to do his shopping, go round the town etc. He has gone thru every single rank of command here, and now he's reached the limit. We've been told that if he returns, to call the police.

I really hope I'm in that day, cuz it'll be really entertaining. Is it wrong for me to long for White Van Man's comeuppance?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

In a word: no.

Neil, you may want to explain the tyranny of the common or garden White Van Man to those not from the UK - that way nobody would hold it against you!

Comment

Wait, NEXT TIME? You mean he wasn't towed after the first hour of being in a fire lane? Someone is way too soft.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
        In a word: no.

I agree but please tell us all about it if he does
        Last edited by MistressOfTangents; 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM. Reason: Accidently mangled quote.

Comment

We're not allowed to tow illegal parkers, unfortunately; or get a clamp, which is what I and others most want to do. XD It's got nothing to do with being soft, our rules are different here.

For those not in the know, here's a definition of a White Van Man.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...te%20van%20man
          A threat to road safety, these kinds of so-called drivers spend their time wolf-whistling at women, making stupid gestures with their hands at passers-by and generally carrying on as though they're on the dodgems. They can be found in vans of any colour, or other vehicles such as lorries, but the white van seems to have become traditional with people whose IQs are lower than their shoe size. They are often fat and reckon they're well'ard and'll give yer a slap, yer know wot I mean, mate?
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            I really hope I'm in that day, cuz it'll be really entertaining. Is it wrong for me to long for White Van Man's comeuppance?
            If it's wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

Comment

Summon Agrabaga (or at least his UK couterpart). That will put an end to that nonsense.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Do we have a UK Counterpart for Agrabaga?
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Summon Agrabaga (or at least his UK couterpart).
                  You rang guv'ner? Now what's all this ere' then?
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    You rang guv'ner? Now what's all this ere' then?
                    Now if we'd "You rang, tan?" we'd have gotten The Librarian.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

WhiteManVan aka Chav Limo
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

HA! I Knew it!!!
                        For years now I have maintained that just about everyone who drives a white van is a terrible driver. Very few people believe me.
                        It's very vindicating to see that, at least in the UK, this is an actual Thing. XD
                        Last edited by rapana1; 01-05-2013, 05:11 AM. Reason: added a bit
                        Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                        It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          We're not allowed to tow illegal parkers, unfortunately; or get a clamp, which is what I and others most want to do. XD It's got nothing to do with being soft, our rules are different here.
                          WTF? How are you supposed to deal with people who park illegally? Are you allowed to do a Sgt. Schultz impersonation ("I saw nothing, nothing, NOTHING") if someone steals the illegally parked vehicle?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You have to get someone involved who is authorised to deal with vehicular offences. That might be a traffic warden or a police officer. Unfortunately there aren't really enough of them around to just hope one will notice it on their own.

You can't just call a private towing company or fit a clamp yourself - this restriction is due to cowboys abusing their ability to do so.

Comment

You want to bet that when he FINALLY gets in trouble, that he'll argue "but I've parked there for AGES and nobody ever said anything!!!"
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X