This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Claus is a Bitch

A nice quiet January evening at the pub. And then they walked in.

It was Mr and Mrs Claus. Either that or it was their identical twins. Santa looked very tired and stressed, and who could blame him? He’s just finished working during the most stressful time of year! He headed for the nearest table and sat himself down, stroking his beard as he looked through the menu. Mrs Claus looked glum. Probably because her husband has been working away from home recently, and she didn’t get to see much of him on Christmas Day.

I couldn’t help but notice that they were looking through the food menu, and it was only ten minutes until the kitchen closed for the night. The kitchen was pretty much finished due to it being so quiet, so I was sure that they wouldn’t appreciate a last minute order. Oh well. It was for Mr and Mrs Claus. Cooking them a nice meal was the least we could do for all the hard work they’ve done.

Mrs Claus came to the bar, and then my lovely post-Christmas dream came to a shitty end. I went over to serve her, and she pulled a face like I had just shoved a steaming turd in front of her face. She then pulled her glasses down so they were practically hanging off the tip of her nose and held the menu directly over her face so that she wouldn’t have to look at mine.

MrsC: It says here you only serve food until 9pm. It is now 8:51. But my husband and I aren’t ready to eat now. Must we order now??
    Me: Yes, you must order now if you want food. The kitchen will be closed in five minutes.

She might have thought it was 8:51, but the clock on my register said 8:55. She poked her face over the top of the menu.

MrsC: *exhales loudly* My husband needs more time than that.
    Me: You need to order in less than five minutes or you cannot get food.
    MrsC: *exhales again and storms back to table*

I watched as Mr Claus took one glance at the menu, pointed at an item and handed it back to her. Mrs Claus seemed to scoff, snatched it out of his hands and then started to study it intently.

8:57
    8:58
    8:59
    9:00
    9:01
    9:02
    9:03

The kitchen staff exit and go out the back to get changed. It was at this exact moment that Mrs Claus got on her feet and approached the bar…while there was a line.

9:04
    9:05
    9:06

Again, she pulled the menu over her face. She spoke as quickly as she could.

MrsC: Steakandkidneypieandfishandchips.
    Me: I am sorry, but I did tell you that you only had a few minutes left to order. The kitchen has closed for the night and the staff have finished.

She pulled her glasses off and let go of them. They were attached to a chain around her neck so they just swung there while I received the ultimate death glare. This was the first she had actually looked at me since she entered the building.

MrsC: I told you we were going to order food. What do you think you are doing?
    Me: I told you there was a time limit.
    MrsC: I haven’t ate or drank in this pub for over five years because I thought the service was terrible. My husband and I decided to give you one last chance as it is a new year. No more chances! You have confirmed my worst fears about this place! Good night!

She exhaled again and went back to the table. A very tired and fed up looking Mr Claus stood up, put on his coat and slowly walked out with her. A co-worker came over.

CW: She was in here last week! I remember her because she was with Santa!
    Me: Did she get food?
    CW: She did, but she treated it like we’d just put a plate of vomit down in front of her.

I can tell I’m on the naughty list for next Christmas.

Typical SC behavior: be told things will be shutting down and they need to do whatever _now_. Well, the SC isn't ready so they'll take their sweet time and expect everybody to stand by until they make a decision. Then they're shocked, _shocked_, mind you, that nobody stood by!

A banhammer is truly needed for people who are both this obnoxious and this dense...

Comment

You've ruined all my future Christmases with this story.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You know, I'm not surprised that Mrs. Claus is a bitch. Consider who she's married to:

He's out of shape. His favorite food is milk and cookies. He has serious identity issues, given how many names he answers to. He spends all his time with strange little people in the workshop. And he watches children all the time to see if they've been "naughty."

I keed. I keed. She was a bitch, and I'm sorry that Mr. Kringle has to be married to her.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          You know, I'm not surprised that Mrs. Claus is a bitch. Consider who she's married to:

He's out of shape. His favorite food is milk and cookies. He has serious identity issues, given how many names he answers to. He spends all his time with strange little people in the workshop. And he watches children all the time to see if they've been "naughty."

I keed. I keed. She was a bitch, and I'm sorry that Mr. Kringle has to be married to her.
          Yeah doesn't he drink too? sheesh
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            He's out of shape. His favorite food is milk and cookies.
            In the UK, a lot of people leave out a glass of wine and a mince pie - I wonder if he times things to go there last so he's not drinking & driving so much (wonder what the penalty is for "drunk in charge of a sleigh"

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              MrsC: I haven’t ate or drank in this pub for over five years because I thought the service was terrible.
              I believe, Mrs. Claus, that what you meant to say was, "I have neither eaten nor drunk in this pub for over five years". Or am I perhaps assuming too much by thinking that paying attention in English class - especially in the native country of the English language - might actually be considered part of being "nice" rather than "naughty"?

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                In the UK, a lot of people leave out a glass of wine and a mince pie - I wonder if he times things to go there last so he's not drinking & driving so much (wonder what the penalty is for "drunk in charge of a sleigh"
                Well there you are, then, he's worse than I initially described, and all these people are enabling him!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I can tell I’m on the naughty list for next Christmas.
                  Don't knock it, it's a very exclusive list, only the best
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

MrsC: It says here you only serve food until 9pm. It is now 8:51. But my husband and I aren’t ready to eat now. Must we order now??
                    Me: Yes, you must order now if you want food. The kitchen will be closed in five minutes.

She might have thought it was 8:51, but the clock on my register said 8:55. She poked her face over the top of the menu.

MrsC: *exhales loudly* My husband needs more time than that.
                    Me: You need to order in less than five minutes or you cannot get food.
                    MrsC: *exhales again and storms back to table*
                    If OldSaint Nick is going to need more than 5 minutes to decide what he wants to eat, maybe it would be a good idea if he and his harpywife showed up more than 5 minutes before the kitchen closed. Oh yeah - that would require logic, which means customers wouldn't understand it.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Sadly, Mrs. Claus is not much of a cook. Her specialty is venison, but for some reason Mr. Claus won't eat it.

Also, how long does it take to decide on steak and kidney pie, and fish and chips? Aren't those two of the most common meals in the UK?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        You've ruined all my future Christmases with this story.
                        Retail has already done that to me. I'm just glad it's finally over!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                          You reminded me of this song.

Comment

Hey he decided right away. Not his fault she's a bitch trying to play games. Maybe he'll wise up and dump her for someone who will make a nice homecooked meal once in a while. OR at least someone that can decide on pub food quickly. really not that hard...

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                              You reminded me of this song.
                              Freakin' hilarious!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X