This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    $49 for XO? Wow, that's steep. Here in KW it goes for $32-$40, and I have seen it back in Phoenix for $19-$23. I'm wondering...if the XO is $49, how much is the Cask?
    tiny town, only one boozeria [we have a population of 2500 people, 5000 cows...] so stuff tends to be a touch more expensive [and Connecticut is considered one of the more expensive states to live in] I would have to go get the actual price but last time I looked about 6 months ago it was $295, though I never assume prices will stay the same.
    Quoth XCashier View Post
    So how is the XO, any good? I must admit, Pyrat Cask intrigues me, but I don't have that kind of money.
    Not sure, already on pain meds today so I can't drink, not sure when I will be off them, this is a particularly hard winter bodywise.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      So how is the XO, any good? I must admit, Pyrat Cask intrigues me, but I don't have that kind of money.
      Pyrat XO Reserve is one of my favorite rums, and is very versatile, as you can treat it as a sipping rum or as a mixing rum...it does well either way. (I won my very first bartending contest with a cocktail I created using XO.) As for its taste straight, it is very smooth, with a strong note of citrus. Some people get some anise as well, although I personally do not.

As for Cask, yeah, the price tag is very daunting. I myself have never bought a bottle, though I hope to one day. I will say this about Cask...as much as I love the XO, the Cask makes it taste like dirt by comparison.

Quoth Eevie View Post
      Well, customersruinmylife, on behalf of all teenagers who actually know how to behave in public, I sincerely apologize.
      No teenager knows how to behave in public. Well, none that are having any FUN, anyway.

No, no, no, I am not saying that every teenager acts like the ones in the OP. Far from it; those were douchebag hooligans jackholes, EVEN by teenager standards. But we were all stupid as teenagers; that is what being a teenager is all about--being stupid. I myself once almost got arrested for "inciting a riot" at a Taco Bell. And that is just one story out of hundreds.

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Mm.Olives are gross to me, too. As is bleu cheese. That said, those flavours would complement each other very well, and I can understand that it would be a great snack - for olive and bleu cheese lovers.
      I am sure that intellectually I could see how they complement each other if I really tried, but as a bleu cheese lover and olive hater, I just can't really make the effort to delve that far into it. I am, however, a keen observer of the human condition, and have noticed how many people enjoy bleu cheese-stuffed olives, so even my dim brain can figure out that there's something going on there.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      tiny town, only one boozeria [we have a population of 2500 people, 5000 cows...] so stuff tends to be a touch more expensive [and Connecticut is considered one of the more expensive states to live in] I would have to go get the actual price but last time I looked about 6 months ago it was $295, though I never assume prices will stay the same.
      Is there not a nearby city that you occasionally make forays to, in which you could do some booze shopping?

As for Cask, that price is about standard, which is what makes me wonder why XO is so damn expensive there.

Semi-related story: my old boss was in a liquor store in Another State a while back, and came across a bottle of Cask priced as a bottle of XO. Certain that they had made a mistake, and that they would catch it, he brought the bottle of Cask up to the register. Shockingly, and without even seeming to know what they were doing, they rang him up for a bottle of XO...about $40. Smartly, he kept his mouth shut, paid them, and left quickly, before his shit-eating grin gave him away.

I consider myself honest, but I have to admit, I would have done the same.

Wait, no I wouldn't...I would have bought THREE bottles!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

You asked for a shit-eating grin?

(Jack is the King of them. Any of his work... )
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I'm listening to an appropriate song for the original post. It's "I Hate My Life" by Theory of a Deadman.

"Put your middle fingers in the air and say ' you!'"
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I'm glad your manager lets you guys treat them the way they deserve.

Comment

I learned what "on the rocks" meant from Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Good movie. I think I was 8.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                SC: I’ll have a scotch on the rocks.

He turned around to his friends and started giggling and high fiving, clearly very proud of what he had asked for. I give him the drink.

SC: What’s this? I didn’t ask for ice!
                Me: You asked for scotch on the rocks. Don’t you know what rocks are?
                SC: No.
                Me: It’s ice.
                SC: But I don’t take ice with my drinks. Also, can you top it up with coke? I hate neat whiskey.

I bit my tongue, because I nearly yelled “GET OUT!”
                He doesn't like neat whiskey, and he doesn't want ice? Then he shouldn't order neat whiskey on ice. Before ordering something, learn what it means.

I walk out into the garden to collect some glasses. Another brat approaches.

SC: Excuse me, do you have a light?
                Me: Yes I do.

I had him my lighter. He sparks a cigarette and then proceeds to pocket it.

Me: Can I have my lighter back please?
                SC: You don’t need to be so condescending!
                Me: What’s condescending about me not wanting you to steal my property?
                SC: You don’t need to make me feel bad either!
                You mean you haven't learned (yet) to flick the lighter for them so that it never leaves your possession?

I am heading back to the bar. I have four large stacks of glasses. An SC decides to kick a chair into my path.

SC: Try and pick that up with all those glasses in your hands!
                Me: Or how about you pick it up and I don’t get the doorman to drag you out of here?
                SC: You can’t talk to me like that.

You may think I am repeating myself a lot in this post, but seriously “You can’t *blah blah* to me!” was the most commonly used phrase of the night.

Me: Pick it up.
                SC: I can’t. I’ve got a full drink in my hand.
                Me: Pick it up.
                SC: But I can’t!
                So holding ONE GLASS is enough to not be able to pick up the chair, but FOUR STACKS of glasses shouldn't be an impediment? SC logic - brain go 'splodey.

Me: And here’s your vodka and coke.
                SC: Is that flavoured vodka?
                Me: No. It’s regular.
                SC: Oh. I asked for raspberry vodka.
                Me: Sorry, I must have misheard you. Let me correct that.
                SC: I can see why people like you work here. Too crap for anything else.
                Me: And I can see why you’re going to get ignored next time you come to the bar.
                SC: You don’t need to be rude to me.
                If they don't specify a particular vodka, they get the "well" vodka. Not a drinker, but my understanding is that flavoured vodka has SUBTLE flavours, so that you wouldn't notice them in a drink with a strongly-flavoured mixer (like Coke).

SC: I’ll have a vodka and coke with ice. Actually, make that two.
                Me: Sure thing.
                SC: What’s this???
                Me: Two vodka and cokes.
                SC: I meant I wanted to pieces of ice. Duuuuuuuuuhhhh!!!
                Me: You said “vodka and coke with ice. Actually make that two.” So I made you two drinks. You didn’t specify that it was two pieces of ice you wanted.
                SC: You’re an idiot. You don’t listen.
                Unless they specify what they want two of, the assumption is that they want two of the drink they ordered.

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
                Probably thought they actually put rocks in it. Why else would he add "on the rocks"? (Wait, can a person be that dumb?)
                On a semi-related note my store began selling stones to put in your drinks so it does not dilute, but keeps the drink cool. A man bought them and the lady behind him commented, "You must be a really heavy drinker if you buy those."
                Not really - he must be someone who wants his single-malt cold but not diluted.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Kinda like how many, many of my friends think of steak -- "No properly-done steak [regardless of how it is cooked] needs steak sauce. If it NEEDS sauce to taste good, send it back."
                Hey - I like my steaks well done and with A-1 sauce. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm no Phillistine - I don't order a rum and coke made with Pyrat Cask, or a boilermaker made with Glenfidich and PBR.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
                  The internet quickly destroys my sarcastic remarks. There should be a button that notes when sarcasm has been used. This world would have less war in it if the sarcasm button existed. If anyone invents it I want 50%.
                  it's not a button, but try this... http://sartalics.com/
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    He doesn't like neat whiskey, and he doesn't want ice? Then he shouldn't order neat whiskey on ice. Before ordering something, learn what it means.
                    I agree he needs to learn the terms, but I should point out that there is no such thing as "neat whiskey on ice." Neat means no ice, not chilled, simply poured right of the bottle into the glass. Which makes it impossible to have neat whiskey (or neat anything, really) on ice.

Sorry. Bartending nerd.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      No, no, no, I am not saying that every teenager acts like the ones in the OP. Far from it; those were douchebag hooligans jackholes, EVEN by teenager standards. But we were all stupid as teenagers; that is what being a teenager is all about--being stupid. I myself once almost got arrested for "inciting a riot" at a Taco Bell. And that is just one story out of hundreds.
                      Would you tell that story, please?
                      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Um, for once, there really is no story. Merely me being a rambunctious teenager, and an overzealous cop threatening me with the aforementioned charge. Nothing more than that. I don't remember the exact details because (A) it was 25 years ago, and (B) there weren't any significant details worth remembering other than the above.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                          I'm listening to an appropriate song for the original post. It's "I Hate My Life" by Theory of a Deadman.

"Put your middle fingers in the air and say ' you!'"
                          I feel like this should be the theme song of CS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VZX4sHn-4 edit: oh poo, that's the censored version.

Quoth Jester
                          I managed to never get the police involved, but we once went through a drive-thru with a blind guy in the driver's seat, and filled the toilets in a Denny's men's room with dry ice. Drama geek teenagers are kind of dicks.
                          Last edited by manybellsdown; 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            No teenager knows how to behave in public. Well, none that are having any FUN, anyway.

Whether or not that first bit is a joke or not, Jester, it's certainly in the realm of possibility. I'm pretty much an introvert as well as most of my friends. So anytime I go out somewhere, my parents are usually with me. If I am alone with some friends and the situation looks like it's about to get ugly, I get the hell out of there.

So more often than not, if the rare chance even arises for me to misbehave, I just find it a stressful situation and leave. I was basically raised to avoid all conflict. Even if it doesn't necessarily concern me personally. I sound just like my mother...
                            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

As awful as it was that you had to deal with those brats (and good job laying down the line, repeatedly), I would probably give several toes to be able to deal with sucky customers like that.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Hey - I like my steaks well done and with A-1 sauce. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm no Phillistine - I don't order a rum and coke made with Pyrat Cask, or a boilermaker made with Glenfidich and PBR.
                                Aye. But, I was referring to whether the steak NEEDS sauce -- if it tastes just fine without the sauce and you use it to improve the dish, you're cool ^_^ If the steak is all but inedible without the sauce, my point stands.

Not gonna get into the "done"-ness debate The friends I mentioned have ... issues... all their own on that front.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X