Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing Tidbits for February, Spreadn' the Love!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Tidbits for February, Spreadn' the Love!

Your Weekly Fake

If you're going to tamper with the dates on a permit, I can't fault you for using an old January permit, as the "1" can be made into almost any month your heart desires, with the possible exception of May, as the "5" would prove a bit much.

But, what I CAN fault you for is the fact that this particular complex puts both a start date and end date on those permits, so, when you changed the dates from their original January days, you created one that starts on 2-25-13 and ends on 2-27-13, dates that are a couple weeks distant... and then you show up with it on the 4th....... that's, not suspicious at all

But, your "slight" alteration of the "1" into a "2" for the month was so horrid, I didn't notice your dates hadn't rolled around yet until you'd already been tagged for a tow.

Shoulda sat on that one for a while, it might have actually worked in a week or so, patience is a virtue you know!

It's Never Too Early to Get Hooked

I've heard just about every excuse to just "let me go" when I've got a car hooked. "I'm just a poor college student!" "I promise I'll never do it again!" "Please, just this once!" "I have your wife! And if you ever want to see her ....." Oh, wait, guess I haven't heard that one yet. But anyway, I got called over to the High School for a car without a permit that one of the faculty found and got it lifted. But, I couldn't tow it out without some finagling, as when this person had pulled in, they had put the nose of the car under the trailer hitch of the SUV directly in front of them in the next row over, so I couldn't put the dollies on and pick up the front wheels (Durn them AWD Subaru wagons!) without cratering the hitch into the middle of the hood.

True, the car was pretty dinged up already, (front had the ever-popular bungee cord hood latch accessory package) but, the owner certainly didn't need and wouldn't appreciate my help in giving him some fresh ones. So, that meant I was dillying around long enough for classes to change, the car's student owner to walk outside, see what I was doing, and make a run for it.

Told him it's going to be $65 for a drop, since the car was lifted. He of course, doesn't have $65 on him, and asks if there's "anything else" he can do. Nope, it's $65 now, or a full tow, which will be $115. His well-thought out response as to why I shouldn't charge EITHER amount and just let him go?

"BUT, I JUST GOT MY LICENSE!"

Well, Son, consider this a valuable learning experience, when you have a license, and it's in your own name, you don't get any do-overs when you screw the pooch.

Fortunately for him, his buddies saw his peril and quickly pitched in the $65 needed, and a promise, unsaid but still clear as day, to NEVER, EVER, let him forget it.

Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

Guy comes in to get his impounded car

Guy is asked for a photo I.D.

Guy gives Argabarga his driver's license

Argabarga heroically resists the urge to crack wise when he notices the guy's first name was "Parker"

Dumb as a Picture of a Box of Rocks

No, you can't buy that car we have a picture of behind the desk. No, I don't know how much it would cost to buy it. Yes, It IS a very nice car, I can't think of many people who wouldn't want to be seen in a Royal Blue 69' Shelby Mustang GT500 like that, problem is, you can't buy it from us. Because we don't have it here, because it's not ours. Then why do we have a picture of it on the wall? Because that's a picture on a CALENDER you friggin' moron. Not a desktop one either, a full blown hanging-on-the-wall one with the month CLEARLY visible below it..... and the number of the radiator supply company that gave us the darn thing in the first place. Are you REALLY that dense? Are you really that hopelessly non-observant? You should feel lucky I'm an honest man and didn't extract a down payment or 2 from you.... Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but, that cute girl you just met online the other night that you were probably trying to buy that car to impress, yeah, about her................... I heard she ran off with a football player, it was all over the news.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    ... but, that cute girl you just met online the other night that you were probably trying to buy that car to impress, yeah, about her................... I heard
    "she's" a football player.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Nah, "she's" not, but "she" did die.

I know it's true. I read about it on the Internets!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"That girl he met on the internet" is actually a 365 lb bald guy who likes to troll dating sites.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

...I can't think of many people who wouldn't want to be seen in a Royal Blue 69' Shelby Mustang GT500 like that...
          Similar to this?

Can't say I fault his taste. His brainpower, on the other hand...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

No, you can't buy that car we have a picture of behind the desk. No, I don't know how much it would cost to buy it. Yes, It IS a very nice car, I can't think of many people who wouldn't want to be seen in a Royal Blue 69' Shelby Mustang GT500 like that, problem is, you can't buy it from us. Because we don't have it here, because it's not ours. Then why do we have a picture of it on the wall? Because that's a picture on a CALENDER you friggin' moron. Not a desktop one either, a full blown hanging-on-the-wall one with the month CLEARLY visible below it..... and the number of the radiator supply company that gave us the darn thing in the first place. Are you REALLY that dense? Are you really that hopelessly non-observant? You should feel lucky I'm an honest man and didn't extract a down payment or 2 from you.... Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but, that cute girl you just met online the other night that you were probably trying to buy that car to impress, yeah, about her................... I heard she ran off with a football player, it was all over the news.
            Oh man, that is a special kind of stupid right there. My bedroom has photos of Big Ben, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, among others... does that mean I own them?
            Last edited by Dave1982; 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM. Reason: Removed extra format tag
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I have pictures of galactic clusters and nebulae.

I own more than you do. :P
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I have a picture of Kirsten Dunst in a wet dress.

I win.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I was gonna say... the garage where my dad took his trucks when I was a kid had a whole stable of gorgeous naked girlies somewhere. In the back, I expect.

Comment

Dumb as a Picture of a Box of Rocks
                    Maybe you should switch to the Ghosts calendar then. Then you could REALLY blow that customers mind... make him think you really happen to have some WW2 aircraft available at the impound.

Especially if you made up some crazy story about how you towed it for illegal parking etc.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      I heard it was Steve Patterson from Facilities Management

Comment

Because that's a picture on a CALENDER you friggin' moron...
                        If he can't figure that out then I can't imagine how he's going to come up with the $110K+ it will cost for such a sweet ride.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Can't say I fault his taste. His brainpower, on the other hand...
                          I on the other hand would fault his taste.

When it comes to performance cars, unless it was designed as a roadster or barchetta from the beginning, chopping off the roof makes the car worse in every possible way.

hard tops FTW.
                          Last edited by MadMike; 02-08-2013, 12:15 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post/image!

Comment

Working...
                          X