Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't like the response from the manufatucer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't like the response from the manufatucer?

Take it back to store! They will be forced to replace the TV, that you have no receipt, no box and they don't even sell it! If I if remain calm and argue enough they will get tired of me and just give me what I want.

I hate this worse than the yelling! Because it usually involves the constant question of 2 year olds. WHY? answer the question WHY? answer it again, WHY?

I see you're dealing with my ex.
    It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

If they're determined to go with the Broken Record Technique, I usually try to turn it back on them. Assuming there isn't a huge lineup behind them, it's interesting to see how long they're willing to keep it going.

SC: But WHY?

Moi: Because X

Never vary the wording, never vary your tone of voice. Go all robotic on them. IF you can afford the time, it can be quite entertaining.

Comment

I always thought the answer to "Why?" was "Why not?"
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I always like "because " as an answer to "why"

Comment

When my grandfather got tired of me asking him Why? all the time, he'd say "Y is a crooked letter."

Strangely enough, it never dawned on me that Y and Why were homophones, and that this could be interpreted as "Why is a crooked letter?" IOW, I got the "pun" meaning and totally missed the "straight" meaning. Maybe it's an Aspergers thing, I dunno.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              If they're determined to go with the Broken Record Technique, I usually try to turn it back on them. Assuming there isn't a huge lineup behind them, it's interesting to see how long they're willing to keep it going.

Never vary the wording, never vary your tone of voice. Go all robotic on them. IF you can afford the time, it can be quite entertaining.

"Rabbit season!"

"Duck season!"

"Rabbit season!"

"Duck season!"

"Duck season!"

"Rabbit season!"

ergo:

Moi: But WHY?

It's foolproof!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

Definitely a good way to deal with folks who pull the "But Why?!" routine, especially if they are being intentionally obtuse. Nothing better then flipping the situation on someone who is trying to waste your time.
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Working...
                X