Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wondered as to how a zombie apocalypse can have so many casualties and claim more people to be zombies so quickly in those movies and shows....
    but now I understand it's these dummies that are never prepared even for foreseen weather troubles that are going to be the first ones to be claimed as zombies. geez.

Comment

Quoth iPanda View Post
      but now I understand it's these dummies that are never prepared even for foreseen weather troubles that are going to be the first ones to be claimed as zombies. geez.
      They don't have brains that the zombies would want.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        They don't have brains that the zombies would want.
        Darn! You stole my answer
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

no blizzard here but we're prepped for tornados at least. Or zombies.

Case of MREs - plus 2 I just bought for fun.
          Water
          Jetpack boil thingy - boils water - and the heaters to it.
          Vagabond battery packs*
          Canned goods
          Flashlights. I've lost count of them. Plus some glow in the dark.
          35-mile radius walky talkies, plus a couple of other radios.

* not really a "survival" tool - they're just batteries that run studio flashes, but they can power some light-load electronics like a radio.

oh and emergency food ideas - rice is popular but a waste of fuel. pasta is a better option cos if you really have to, you can just soak it without cooking it.

and MREs: if you can get the actual military ones do it. Those taste better.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I really think I ought to quit complaining about Wisconsin winters.

We get a lot of snow and cold, but those Nor'Easters you get are lots more distracting and frightening.
            Not really, just we in "fly-over country" don't get the sensationalism of "OMG SNOWPOCOLYPSE!" media coverage, because snow on the coasts affects the major media centers.

We got 18" of snow(winter storm Khan), barely a report anywhere, the same day New York got maybe 4" and the news media was all but predicting the downfall of modern society.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Awesome Plow Regular: Seriously? Are you serious right now?
              Awesome Plow Regular is awesome. My c-store owner didn't even leave it to our discretion; plow guys were on the free coffee list at all times.

When there is no syrup to pull, it'll just start pulling like mad trying to get some and makes a REALLY LOUD "PI-CHU" noise,
              I speak fluent (or is it fluid?) Bag-in-the-box, and as you can imagine from the stridency and volume of that pichu-pichu-pichu-pichu-pichu noise, it translates to a nastier version of "Get your finger off the button moron."

we had at least 2 people buying scratch tickets, going to their cars to scratch them, then coming back and buying more.
              Scratchers gotta scratch. Too bad the situation couldn't involve closing the store in between scratchings; the look on their faces as they paw at a locked door, five dollar "winner" in their hands, while the snow swirls about them would be totally heart-warming.

Quoth Seshat View Post
              One of my Best Birthday Presents Eva is a handle-crank radio/flashlight.
              The one I got my wife also has a power outlet (not USB unfortunately, takes a proprietary cord) that will recharge her phone. Super-duper handy.
              Last edited by sms001; 02-09-2013, 05:41 PM. Reason: emax4 shames me into proper posting etiquette

Comment

So, everyone remember that Diet Coke was out?

Today I had to make a sign that stated, "Please don't test it, it's REALLY out of order! Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke are OUT!"

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why I had to make that sign?

Anyone care to guess how depressed I was that I had to make that sign?

Edit: Yes! I did go to work today! I walked through the tail end of the blizzard for 25 minutes to get to work today!

Why? Because my boss is so awesome, and I like him so much, that I'd willingly walk 25 minutes through a blizzard to get to work if it makes his already very stressful day (he owns two stores) a little less stressful.
                Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 02-10-2013, 04:32 AM.
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Now to wait for people to ignore THAT sign and look confused as to why there's an annoyed electric mouse in the soda machine. <_< >_>

Comment

Today I had to make a sign that stated, "Please don't test it, it's REALLY out of order! Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke are OUT!"
                    How sweet. You still have faith that someone might bother to read a sign AND accept that it means what its words say AND then allow its message to change the path of whatever the person's small mind was intending to do - like get a Diet Coke from the fountain.

I lost my faith in such years ago.
                    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Inexplicably, MicroManager wanted to open the gas station yesterday morning...hi, there's a driving ban. NCL couldn't get out of the parking lot until 2PM because the plow driver had just made a wall of snow in the driveway.

Lots of SCs coming in to get smokes and lotto tickets; the lottery machine was shut down at 6PM yesterday because nobody in the store was trained on it. Service desk was closed as well; a keyholder could go back there to get smokes, but no other transactions.

I worked 9AM-9PM on Friday, and 7AM-9PM yesterday (ASM1 wanted me until close at 11, but ASM2 asked me when I was scheduled until, took one look at me and said "You've been here long enough. Go home at 9."). Basically the only people working were those that had the option of walking.

Any other day, I'd be at work in 4 minutes. A tree came down (completely uprooted) across our back walkway, so that was impassable yesterday morning with all the snow. The front walkway as well as the street was a three-foot drift. It literally took me 20 minutes to basically go a block and a half (as mom said when she came in later to see if I had collapsed yet: "What the ---- was [manager] thinking? He didn't know if you could even get out the front door!"). Everyone who was at work agreed with me that anyone daring to come in during a blizzard emergency should be paid double across the board. I love my boss and will help him out when/if I can, but 14 hours... O_o
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Inexplicably, MicroManager wanted to open the gas station yesterday morning...hi, there's a driving ban.
                        Driving ban didn't apply to gas stations/employees of gas stations (and a few other store types.) Since we dispense fuel (which is necessary for plows/cops/emergency vehicles) we're considered essential personnel.

Quoth South Texan View Post
                        How sweet. You still have faith that someone might bother to read a sign AND accept that it means what its words say AND then allow its message to change the path of whatever the person's small mind was intending to do - like get a Diet Coke from the fountain.
                        Actually, it did work. Someone read it, then came over with a bottle of diet coke instead and asked, "Is it broken or out of syrup?"

"Oh just out of syrup."

"Oh okay. This please."

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                          One of my roommates told me about the time some idiot whose car was on fire tried to pull in to the station.
                          If you lived in Florida, your roommate might have been one of my employees. After he failed (of course!) to convince the driver of the burning car to not pull up to the gas pumps, I hit the emergency shut-off.

Cue at least half a dozen cars pulling up to the other pumps while the car next to them was on fire and complain that they didn't work. One even called corporate on us after being told that we wouldn't turn the pumps on until after the fire department showed up.

Comment

I hope corporate told him where to go. My dad and I were filling up in Santa Fe once, and the RV next to us started shooting sparks out of the tailpipe (there was spilled gas on the ground close by; I was very surpised nothing went up). The attendant shut everything off and almost immediately people started complaining.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              I hope corporate told him where to go.
                              SC: Those cars only have 12 gallons of gas in them. They don't blow up like in the movies.
                              Corporate: That station had 12 thousand gallons of gas in the ground. They blow up just like in the movies.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                                Awesome Plow Regular is awesome.
                                Yes, he is. I would've been tempted to giving him a free donut as well as coffee. Or perhaps hire him on as Dumbass Defuser.

It's just baffling how many people are so self-centered and stupid that they just Do Not Get that yes, the Out Of Order sign is directed at them. That the machine is actually truly Out Of Order, you're not just being a big meany head and refusing them their drinks or fuel out of spite.
                                Last edited by XCashier; 02-11-2013, 02:16 AM.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X