This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    AD -- Heeheehee, yup ^_^ Now, pronounce the name of the place without having to look it up!
    I spent 6 months eating there at least twice a week. I can definitely say it, I can also pronounce Tchopitoulas while schnockered without spitting
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Cool ^_^

Margaritaville actually makes a good (and HUGE) plate of red beans, themselves, which surprised me. (I didn't go there *looking* for red beans per se, but it was Monday, so instinct kinda took over...>_< Glad it did.). My friend I went with ordered some nacho plate that was stacked a good foot and a half high with chips and all sorts of stuff, he couldn't even finish it. It was like the seafood plates at Deanie's, where you wonder how many boats full of fish it took to supply that much food O_O
      Attached Files
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My favorite memory is being at Cafe du Monde meeting up for breakfast with my work crew before heading out to start work while it was still dark. [June-November, in the summer you really *don't* want to be working in the hotter parts of the day. Start early, knock off for a 4 hour lunch and nap break, come back when it is cooler. It is *good* to be the boss and set the work hours for your own crew.]

I am still fond of making beignets and cajun coffee as a breakfast/brunch/elevenses.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Why can't they just buy bread and peanut butter? Or even Spaghetti-Os. In a pinch, they're not so bad cold. You just need to survive a couple days, not cook a Thanksgiving dinner. Keep some cold stuff in the back yard, in a snowbank.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            I love it when great customers say the things we're not allowed to
            I had my own defending customer as well, a WW2 veteran who always came by my store to shop, and he stopped to talk to me for about a minute. In the conversation, some snooty lady customer told me, "Aren't you supposed to be WORKING instead of holding up the customers with your chatter?"

Before I could reply, my veteran friend really laid into her and let her have it! He snaps back, "I called him over to talk to HIM, so you mind your own business! I didn't serve in the 11th Airborne in the Pacific just to have a jerk like you try to cut off my conversation by being rude! And HE(pointing at me)served his country in the army as well. What did YOU ever do?"

That lady was stunned and white in the face. She stammered an apology and moved on. I swear, I owe my veteran friend a drink for this!

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
              Had my share of idiots from that storm. My library decided we should be open for 2 hours Friday morning *grumblgrumble*. I had 120 people in 2 hours. I was the only one on the desk for more than half that -_- 90% of them got DVDs. Because that's right up there with bottled water and canned food for emergencies.
              Poor planning on their part. What's one of the more common side effects of a blizzard? POWER LINES DOWN! Have fun trying to watch those DVDs when there's no electricity to run the player.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I can see getting canned goods to cook on the stove if you have a gas stove like I do. DVDs, maybe, if you have enough power on the laptop.

But DVDs aplenty? WHY?
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                  Keep some cold stuff in the back yard, in a snowbank.
                  You'd never find it until spring then.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

LL - Even better -- surprise goodies! (Assuming it's something that would take the cold undamaged)
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Battery powered DVD player. Recharge it with one of these:
                      and make yourself a pot of boil in bag vindaloo at the same time

[just doing a Red Dwarf marathon today on netflix ]
                      Last edited by Dave1982; 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        AR: "No. How dare YOU think you're more important than anyone else, you ungrateful harpy. This is why this town gets a bad rap, because of people like you." *to ASM* "Thank you, man. I know it must have been utter hell, but thank you for staying open. We needed baby food Saturday afternoon, Walgreens was closed so we came here."
                        Awesome Regular, How nice to hear a lone voice of sanity amongst the SC rabble.

I've never lived in a place where it gets extremely cold (knocks wood). It does snow on occasion here, but maybe 6" at most, hardly enough to worry about. I would think, however, if this extreme weather happens every year, that people who live there would know better and be properly prepared well ahead of time. And undoubtedly a few are, but we all know how logic and SCs don't mix.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
                          Why are people so dumb?

Had my share of idiots from that storm. My library decided we should be open for 2 hours Friday morning *grumblgrumble*. I had 120 people in 2 hours. I was the only one on the desk for more than half that -_- 90% of them got DVDs. Because that's right up there with bottled water and canned food for emergencies. Gods forbid they actually have to talk to each other or hear themselves think.
                          How weird! I would have gotten... books. XD

Regarding the blizzard stories, let's not forget good old England! Nope, we don't actually have life threatening blizzards, or snow that falls more than a few inches, but that doesn't stop people acting as tho we do! At the petrol station, for the last time that snow was predicted (one day... LOL!) we were cleaned out of bread and milk, as was the supermarket. People were also rushing to fill their cars up to the brim, despite the fact that if it snows like buggery, you can't drive anywhere!

One woman bought ten packets of biscuits in case she was snowed in, and one hundred Silk Cut. Now, that's stocking up I can get behind.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Silk Cut?

Petrol/Gas, I can actually understand -- If, by some miracle, you are able to drive somewhere, you don't want to take the risk that the petrol stations you pass do NOT have gas...Also, one thing drilled into me from years of living in Hurricane Central: Keep the gas tank full when a storm is coming, so that you can GTFO of town without having to wait in line for fuel

Comment

Maybe in Canada, but this is England we're talking about; you're unlikely to be snowed in for more than a day or so maximum. There's no need to go bananas.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Silk Cut?
                              Google is your friend. XD
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                Silk Cut?
                                A style of merkin?
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X