This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth paintballworker View Post
    We've switched to a Three-Tier system now(it's AWESOME!), and on Fridays we have Half-Price Paint OR 24 Hours for 24$. League players are exempt from both promotions since they get a better deal.

League Players pay $300 a year and get free admission, a case of 500 paintballs per session(no more then 3 sessions a week) and 10 free C02 or HPA.
    What is HPA?

Case of 500 paintballs, up to 3 times per week? Is the 10 free CO2 or HPA per session, or per year? Sounds like that would add up to more than the $300 annual fee for league players - how do you make money that way?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

High Pressure Air.

Comment

Whoo Hooo ! Congrats :-D

Comment

the 10 is per year

and yes, it does, but it evens out over the year since alot of the League players tend to shoot ALOT of paint and buy all their upgrades from us. One of the regulars, in three 4-hour games shot almost 3000 paintballs.
          Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            What is HPA?
            High-Pressure Air. It's a bigger tank, usually on a remote line and doesn't have the problems of liquid CO2 in cold weather.

A lot of people swear by it (especially pros or people REALLY into it), but I find that for a amateur like me a 20oz tank and an sock with those disposable hand warmers keeps the pressure up nicely.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

PP: *tosses gun onto GLASS! counter* My gun is broke, fix it
              Me: What seems to be the problem(I double as the Gun-tech on Fridays)
              PP: *sneers* I dunno, your the tech, fix it *he huffs and walks out*

INFO: If I don't know what's wrong with your gun, and we haven't even DISCUSSED how much it's gonna cost, I'm not touching it. In case, anybody is wondering...the marker was this http://static.zoovy.com/img/zephyrsp..._gun_polar.jpg These things retail for MINIMUM 2k-CDN, and that's not without upgrades.

You drop the cash on a marker like that and you dare just toss it around like that!? What a POS...

I used to be a PP...and I loved the guys who worked my fields too. Back when I had the sort of free time to go paintballing 3-5 times a week, I had about 5 different markers, ranging from a Tippman '98 Custom (which I still have and use) to one of the top-of-the-line Angels at the time that I won in a competition. If the guy who trained me and led our team of misfits had ever seen me treat my equipment (or the staff) like that, I'd still be trying to dislodge his boot from my ass.

Nothing gets me riled up faster than dickhead paintball players...I wonder if he's the type who shoots the sides of random houses while he cruises around because it's "fun" to him too.

Rant aside though, congrats on getting ownership of the field! It's been well over a decade since I was at my league play prime, but I still love to hit a field when I can. I'm all for supporting any field that's decently run, so sounds like this one's a winner. Maybe I'll find my way there some day, and you can kick my rusty ass all over your field

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

PP: *tosses gun onto GLASS! counter* My gun is broke, fix it
                Me: What seems to be the problem(I double as the Gun-tech on Fridays)
                PP: *sneers* I dunno, your the tech, fix it *he huffs and walks out*
                "It's YOUR GUN, tell me what it's doing!" Can't stand people like this. Probably takes his car to the mechanic, tells them, "It's broke, I dunno what's wrong, you're the mechanic, fix it!" and wonders why he gets bills for thousands of dollars.
                Gus: I'm retiring and I want you to take over as Owner
                Me:

so starting in June, we begin the process of switching the field over from his name to mine.
                Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, but Jester's right, too. Have fun with it.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  "It's YOUR GUN, tell me what it's doing!" Can't stand people like this. Probably takes his car to the mechanic, tells them, "It's broke, I dunno what's wrong, you're the mechanic, fix it!" and wonders why he gets bills for thousands of dollars.
                  That's a great analogy (and I wish I had thought of that). Based on that statement, I wonder if the paintball place charges $x.xx for every 30 minutes of labor. By not telling the repairman exactly what the issue is, the repairman has to check everything and find out what's wrong. If he's got that much money laying around, then he's got enough to be careless on how much the labor is. On the other hand, he'd better have enough patience to understand that by not telling the repairman what the isue is/was, he has to wait longer to get his gun back as the repairman has to check EVERYTHING. "Is this pistol grip grippy enough? ...yep! Does the trigger move with enough resistance? .yep?" etc.

Comment

Congratulations! But I'm afraid I still would have smacked the hell out of him for saying it that way.

No, I take it back. I wouldn't smakc him. I probably would have done it exactly the same.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

At least half of the players are like that, a few are newbies so they don't actually know, and both myself and the other Tech try to show them how to "look for problems".

like checking the o-rings, giving the internals a clean, i,e. basic maintenance.

We have two checklists, one is for "problem players" and the other is the regular one.

The Problem Players One has use checking O-rings and the various bolts, BY HAND individually. *cackles*
                      Last edited by paintballworker; 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM.
                      Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Congratulations, paintballworker, that's wonderful!
                        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post

Nothing gets me riled up faster than dickhead paintball players...I wonder if he's the type who shoots the sides of random houses while he cruises around because it's "fun" to him too.
                          <shrug> someone paintballed one of my ewes, would have screwed me if I was planning on selling the wool that year.

Of course if I caught them at it I [theoretically] could have shot back at them... I have a shotgun that the *first* round in the tube is a salt load. Makes it unpleasant, but is normally considered 'harmless' [second round and those thereafter aren't harmless though.]
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

At least half of the players are like that, a few are newbies so they don't actually know, and both myself and the other Tech try to show them how to "look for problems".

like checking the o-rings, giving the internals a clean, i,e. basic maintenance.
                            It's only common sense (of course, that's a mythical superpower) to describe the symptoms to the tech/mechanic. Whenever I have a problem with my car or truck, I always tell them "When conditions A, B, and C exist, it does X, Y, and Z", rather than "it's broken". After all, even if I can't fix (or even diagnose) the problem, narrowing things down means they don't have to do as much testing (with me paying shop rates for the testing time) as they'd need to do without a detailed report.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You realize your mission now is to read actsofgord.com monthly until the change over occurs! ROFL

Comment

Dude, that is awesome! Congrats!

As for your "Pro PLayer" . . . he makes me laugh. While I agree that most of the guys who play in the competitive leagues certainly deserve their a**hole reputation ( i know i did) , they AT LEAST know how to diagnose their own marker, if not how to fix it outright. I hope your boss just left that dude's marker where it lay.

Comment

Working...
                                X