This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must be this smart to buy furniture

You are a customer shopping at the swamp. Why? A nice office chair on wheels catches your eye and you decide to buy one. Do you:

A). Take one of the tags from the display chair, which has "Take one tag for each item you purchase" clearly printed on it, to the register so somebody can deliver one to your vehicle, or

B). Wheel the display chair through the store, up to the service desk, bark "I wanna buy one of these!" at the service desk people, and walk away?

Why, oh why won't management let me carry around a sock with a tennis ball in it? It's not like I'm asking to carry around a sock with a brick in it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Strange. I would have gone with:

C). Wheel the display chair up to a register and try to check out.

--Dave

Comment

Quoth Dave0523 View Post
      Strange. I would have gone with:

C). Wheel the display chair up to a register and try to check out.

--Dave
      Ah, but then they have to pay for it. By doing what they did, they are expecting one of the people at the service desk to run after them with a huge novelty check for the amount of the chair as an acknowledgement of the huge effort the CS made by bringing the chair up to the front of the store themselves.
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Ya know, I would love to be a fly on the wall when they try to assemble the furniture, if they aren't bright enough to buy it. What amazing contraptions can they create out of the parts normally used to build a chair! Leg where the seat is, the back is stuck under the wheels... you get the picture.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

a modern statue that my city would easely pay 750000 SEK for...
          and no, i'm not kidding...

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            Ya know, I would love to be a fly on the wall when they try to assemble the furniture, if they aren't bright enough to buy it. What amazing contraptions can they create out of the parts normally used to build a chair! Leg where the seat is, the back is stuck under the wheels... you get the picture.
            And for customers like that, a holder for a 12 gauge cartridge that will slam its base against a fixed pin when the gas lift cylinder is compressed by someone sitting in it.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X