Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retailsweetie, sad to say, they left that pizza there on purpose. I don't even work in retail and I hate that.

77. People who assume that my being white and straight means they can use racist or homophobic terms in conversation with me because I will supposedly share their beliefs. I especially hate when customers on the phone ask me how to word their apartment-for-rent ads to keep out "those people."

78. People who hurt animals.

79. Westboro Baptist Asshats (sorry, I refuse to call them a church).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

80. People who must have a 2+ hr long service *right now*. Bonus points if its like an hour to closing time.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        There actually are valid reasons for doing that. As a cashier, I refuse to have people hand money to me directly. I actually insist on having it set down on the counter for the camera to see before I handle it, same with giving change, with the exception of coins which I hand directly, cash, I set down on the counter so the cameras can see it. It's protection on both sides, as a customer, if a cashier shorts you, the camera will have proof, as a cashier, if a customer claims you tried to short them and you didn't, the camera again has proof (of course, this is assuming the place has cameras on the register, which most places have). Handing stuff directly from person to person, your hands obscure what is being passed back and forth.
        Interesting point, and one I hadn't thought of. Though I saw this a LOT more often when I worked in fast food, which had no cameras decent enough to tell fives from twenties(at that specific establishment, I mean, not that the customers knew that) than I do now, though it's not really the action itself that annoys me, rather the attitude that goes along with it most of the time.

Comment

People who allow their children to stand up in the carts. Those things aren't stable. Bonus points if the cart is moving.

Comment

Techie, I've had customers let their kid stand on the basket platform for the self-scans. Using the register itself to hold on to. Yes, those things are stable but probably not designed to support a person, even a small one (I saw one parent of the year doing that yesterday, and I could tell that the platform was wobbling).
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

No they're not really stable because kids never stay in one spot so when they're moving in the cart or bouncing, the cart moves. I hate seeing that because I always imagine the kid falling out and I have seen kids do that before; one when I already told the guy not to let his kid do that and the other because the parents weren't paying attention

Comment

I see parents letting their kids dance in the cart when they're in the checkout line. No, the narrow lane is not going to prevent your kids from cracking their skull on something; in fact that is more likely and you probably won't be able to catch them from where you are at the back of the cart.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  I see parents letting their kids dance in the cart when they're in the checkout line. No, the narrow lane is not going to prevent your kids from cracking their skull on something; in fact that is more likely and you probably won't be able to catch them from where you are at the back of the cart.
                  That actually happened one day back at one store I worked at, while the entire front end watched.

It involved the then 5 year old daughter of one of my coworkers (can't recall if she was shopping w/her grandmother or my cw) but she was hanging off the side of the buggy and before anyone could tell her to get down, the cart flipped over onto the child and send the child to the ground!

Child had a bump on the head but was otherwise OK. And I don't think she ever did that again that I heard of.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

* People who get pissed that you won't return products that fall outside of return policy that is visibly posted. Quote policy and skip over the spots that regard their matter. (And then throw their dildo at you)

*(Ties into 6) People who whistle at you to get your attention

Comment

People who stand in line for ten minutes at McDonalds, Burger King, etc - and wait until they're at the head of the line to decide what they want to eat.

"Can I help you, sir?"

"uuuuummmmmm........errrrrrr.......ahhhhhhhhh..... .....I'd like a...... no, how about a.......... wait, I want French Fries!"

"Small, medium, or large, sir?"

"uuuuuuummmmm.......errrr......ahhh.........Large. ......no, wait.....MEDIUM! YEah!"

"Anything else, sir?"

"uuuummmmmmm......errrr......ahhhh........."

etc, etc, etc.

bonus points if they whip out their cell phone to call someone to ask what THEY want.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        People who stand in line for ten minutes at McDonalds, Burger King, etc - and wait until they're at the head of the line to decide what they want to eat....
                        Now you understand the anger of The Soup Nazi.
                        Last edited by Mike Taylor; 03-10-2013, 06:18 AM.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

People who wait until the taxi has passed them to wave after it. Extra minus-points for standing a place where the driver won't be able stop or turn without stopping rushhour traffic and earning the hatred of several hundred fellow drivers.

People who wave after a taxi with passengers in it or even open a door and jump in at traffic lights .

From my former job.
                          People who ask for a size of tyre in inches, for instance 28", without knowing the exact size. After all there are at least 3 common and incompatible sizes of 28" bicycle tyres, not counting widths.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                            People who wave after a taxi with passengers in it or even open a door and jump in at traffic lights .
                            I had a guy do that to me once. After I recovered from the shock, I turned and smiled sweetly and said "So you'll be paying for my ride, too, of course. That's so nice of you!"

He jumped out at the next set of lights. Can't imagine why!
                            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              27. People who don't read their coupons. If it says that an offer starts at 3am on Monday, guess what, at 2:45am I aint giving you the offer, come back in 15 minutes.
                              That's one of my hatreds too! Our coupons have specific dates and exclusions, and people Just Do Not Read them! Or they find used coupons with the barcodes torn off and think they can redeem them, then flip out when they can't.
                              Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
                              People who stand in front of the game case thinking someone is just going to walk over to them when we're usually busy as hell, then turn around and say "I've been waiting here for blah blah blah... " The case isn't going to open magically by you staring at it
                              Bonus points if they're standing behind some display where nobody can see them.
                              Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              People who come through the empty cashier lane behind me and expect me to drop the customer I'm with to tell them where XYZ is. Sorry, the customer in front of me gets my attention.
                              I get this at the cutting counter when I'm measuring out a large amount of fabric for another customer. First of all SC, you made me lose count and I'll have to start all over, second of all, this is a brightly lit store with signs above the various departments stating what's in them. Looking for needles? Look for the large "notions" sign, don't interrupt the associate who is blatantly obviously helping somebody else!!!
                              Last edited by XCashier; 03-12-2013, 03:28 AM.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Butbutbut...I don't want 'notions', I want NEEDLES! I don't see NEEDLES on the sign!"

I have a notion...to throw anyone who pulls that into the compactor (I have snarled at SCs who actually touch me, and that seems to get the point across).

Comment

Working...
                                X