This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware store

A hardware store that I frequent often, has a plunge router I have been drooling over for almost a year, that I don't really need, and costs too much for a want. I can borrow from my brother, and for the few times a year I need one, I can do without.

They were on sale last week. For 40% off! For 3 days only! And I never even knew it (I don't compulsively stalk this store, I just like to shop and window shop).

When I went in today, one of the guys I talk to most often there tells me I missed the sale, the unbelievable price, and he knows how much I wanted it, too bad I missed it. Just when I thought I should maybe go have a cry or something he pulls something out from behind the counter - a raincheck!

They ran out of product, had to issue a few rainchecks and he decided to issue one for me. Its good for 6 months, so now I know what I am getting myself for Christmas this year.

I really love this store!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Now THAT is a hardware store.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

That sounds like the "Mom-n-Pop" Hardware Store I used to work at.

We built true relationships with our Customers, and would gladly go the extra mile for them, and get to know and remember their preferences, and such.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        I really love this store!
        It's great to find a good store with employees who go the extra mile for good customers. So, you'll be goin' to the Hardware Store?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So they decided for you that you needed to take the plunge...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            It's great to find a good store with employees who go the extra mile for good customers. So, you'll be goin' to the Hardware Store?
            I've never heard that before, that was great!

And to all, yes these guys always go well above and beyond for me, but this was so far above and beyond normal good service, I was (and still am) stunned.
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
            X