This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Lady Made Me Cry

In retail, you see the worst in people. A sweet lady almost restored my faith in people. An older lady was in my line, asking me to call a running total. It's the end of the month & she didn't have a lot of money. Her total was $8. As she was counting out dollar bills, a young lady behind her offered to pay her bill. The older lady tried to turn her down, but the younger one insisted, saying she wanted to help. Well, the older lady cried...I cried...the CSM cried...customers I told about it cried.

They say that what goes around, comes around. That sweet young lady has MONDO Good Karma coming her way.
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Every now and then something like this happens that restores your faith in humanity. I'm amazed sometimes when I do something that isnt' a huge deal at all, but the recipient acts like I've performed a miracle.

I was going into Panera, and a woman and her elderly mother were coming out, mom with a cane, moving very slowly. I waited and held the door for them, and they acted like they were so amazed someone wasnt trying to knock them over to get in!

Comment

Last summer I was in the grocery store and asked a woman in a motor cart if she needed something reached down, as I wasn't sure if she was just pondering pancake mix or couldn't reach a higher product. She did not, and thanked me, and I said it was no big deal, that's what my long monkey arms are for. (I have extra long arms for my height.)

Well, that lady called her gratitude after me halfway down the aisle. It was really nice, but it also made me kind of sad, cuz in order to provoke that kind of reaction, how rare must it be for someone to offer to help her reach things?
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
        It was really nice, but it also made me kind of sad, cuz in order to provoke that kind of reaction, how rare must it be for someone to offer to help her reach things?
        I wondered the same today as I replied to the cashier's greeting at my default discounter. Noone had done that her whole shift!
        And the surprised looks I get when I hold the door open for someone walking behind me.
        It's sad, really, common courtesy declines more and more.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
        X