This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday season warm fuzzies

I honestly have no idea where to put this, so I'll stick it here.

I work for a self storage company. It is Georgia state law that we can sell your stuff if you have not paid your bill in full for 63 days. (Meaning 63 days is the soonest we can auction off your stuff once you are late).

The auction at this property is tomorrow at 11:30 am. All 6 people must have a $0 balance at that time, or we sell their stuff to the highest bidder. I have had two of these people trying to pay their bill off. One gentleman had been in the hospital off and on all year, and just got back to work mid-November. He told me he could not afford to pay the $430 owed on the account in one go. I was talking to my boss, my boss's boss, and my boss's boss's boss trying to buy this guy some more time. (My coworkers are idiots and did not tell him he could pay down what he owed, they made it sound like it had to be all-or-nothing)

So as I am talking with big boss for the region, some lady comes in to pay her bill. As I hang up with big boss, she asked how much my auction guy owed. I told her.

She said "Ok, let me pay his, too"

She paid the bill of a complete stranger, just because.

$430.

When I told him, he asked if I was joking. Then he described a couple of people. Then he asked if I was joking again. Then he hung up.

I feel all warm and fuzzy down to the cockles of my cold, black heart.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

WOW.

Who says Santa's always a man?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm half expecting him to show up tomorrow to double check. I'm off tomorrow.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
      X