Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first great customer service experience!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first great customer service experience!

I've rarely had to email customer service for a product before, and I usually end up with a set of automated troubleshooting answers so I end up going either, "I can live without this" or "I'll just google it and fix it myself."

My daughter received a toy for her birthday that had the capability for me to go online and personalize it for her, so it would learn and spell her name. I tried to personalize it but at a particular step where it was supposed to say one thing, it never, EVER said it and would say something else instead. I emailed support, expecting them to manually personalize it or something, and got a response (from an actual person!) a few days later.

After sending in a bit of my information, including the fact that she had received it as a gift so I didn't know where it was bought, they told me to "deface" it by writing the ticket number on the battery pack in Sharpie*, taking a picture, and emailing the picture to them. They're sending me a replacement upon receiving the email with the picture (which I sent today, so receipt will probably be tomorrow). Totally not what I was expecting!

*Does anyone know what purpose this is supposed to have, as now she's essentially going to have two of the same toy, just one of them was written on? Why not have me ship the toy back?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

It keeps you from selling the defective toy to someone else who will then try to call customer support and ask for a replacement. Save you or them the shipping.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Oh. I kind of assumed about the "keeping me from selling it" part, but didn't realize the shipping thing. Makes sense.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Lil Argh: "Mommy, why does Popsy sometimes forget who I am? Does she have Old-timers' Disease?"

***Yeah, not likely at one, but still...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X