This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She couldn't hear partial self sighting

OK, I'm going to toot my own horn a bit I did my good deed for today.

So I'm at the Post Office looking for a shipping box for something I'm getting ready to mail out. I'm looking at what's available when the clerk starts asking if "do you have a postage due or a package to sign for?" Since I was neither I knew she wasn't speaking to me. There was another customer, so I figured she was talking to her. When the other customer didn't answer the clerk wandered away.

Then the other customer comes up to me and says, "was that lady talking to me?" As she did she I realized she was also signing, and she had one of those postal sign slips in her hand. I realized the customer was deaf.

Me: Oh, you're hard of hearing! I don't think the clerk realized it. I'll get her for you.

I called out to the clerk and said, "this lady couldn't hear you. She does have a slip."

The clerk explained to her what she needed to do. The lady did read lips and thanked her.

The clerk used the your welcome sign

When I was walking out the customer thanked me for helping her.

Felt really good
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Good for you! I'm sure both the clerk and the customer will have been extremely grateful!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
    X