This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous gift on a sad day

So I've briefly mentioned in other posts that my husband is leaving me. A month ago he told me he wanted to end the relationship. Today is the day he moved out. I had been talking to CWs about how the day was approaching. It's been a tough time for me.

Today I got an anonymous gift; a $200 gift card to our spa. The gal at the spa apparently reiterated to my CWs at the desk (who forwarded it to me) that it was imperative that I get the card today. So someone out there knew that today was going to be rough on me and left me a surprise gift, and a generous one at that.

I don't know who it was, but thanks to whoever they are.

(right now I suspect the GM, as he made a smart-ass comment when I told him my husband was leaving me b/c he thought I was joking; much profuse apologizing followed when he realized that I was serious.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    So I've briefly mentioned in other posts that my husband is leaving me. A month ago he told me he wanted to end the relationship. Today is the day he moved out. I had been talking to CWs about how the day was approaching. It's been a tough time for me.
    That really sucks. You have my sympathies. I can't imagine the heartache associated with a spouse telling you that they're leaving you.

Best of luck as you move forward.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Awwww that was a sweet gesture, nothing better than some luxury spa treatment, when you feel down!
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That was a wonderful gesture, BKK. And I'm so sorry to hear about your news - I've been there myself (though not quite the same way) Big hugs to you, hun.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Been there, divided up the t-shirts; you have my sympathies.

Whoever it was, that was a great gesture with perfect timing. I hope they receive some good karmic rewards in return
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Oh, that is really sweet of whomever. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Hubs doesn't know what he will be missing; you are a wonderful person.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*hugs bhskittykatt*

I'm sorry this is happening to you. <3 *more hugs*
              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 09-18-2015, 05:12 PM. Reason: clarification
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X