This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart fitting room attendant

So today I had to buy a white shirt for a funeral. I don't wear white but the mother of the child who passed asked we all wear white so I honored her request. Unfortunately I have chubby arms . I picked out my size shirt but when I tried it on it was snug around my arms. When I took it off it became apparent I was stuck. Hard stuck. Not getting out stuck. Flailing and misrable stuck. Ten mintutes stuck. And no husband in sight. So I give praise to the fitting room attendant who helped me by pulling the shirt off my chubby stuck arms. I apologized profusely and thanked her and thanked her again. I can never shop at that Walmart again.

I can assure you, that's FAR from the worst thing anyone at a WM fitting room has had to deal with. I wouldn't worry.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I was going to say - ARMS?! Really, not a problem to deal with arms!!! Embarrassing maybe, left you feeling ridiculous maybe, but NO, arms would not be a big deal.

People taking a dump in the dressing room, leaving a used diaper, or a used sanitary product would be much more of a problem...

Comment

I have the big upper arms problem myself. I own tops that are fine to put on, fine to wear, but can require assistance from DH to take off (not that he objects to helping ). If I were the attendant, I'd treat that, helping with zippers, etc., as just part of the job. NBD.

Not that I'd be happy about having to have a stranger see me partially dressed if I were the customer in this situation. I can sympathize with that.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I've had a couple close calls with jeans. Skinny jeans are, in my opinion, a fashion trend of pure evil. For the heck of it I've tried a couple pairs on. My calves are... Well, if I'm being charitable I'll call them muscular. My proportions are odd. Clothes manufacturers assume that if you are a size 4, that you are a size 4 everywhere. Anyway, I've tried pulling on jeans only to get stuck awkwardly at my calves. I had to sit on the floor and pull them off inch by inch. Lesson learned.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Clothes manufacturers assume that if you are a size 4, that you are a size 4 everywhere.
            Fun fact: Many years ago, the USAF tried to save money by going to a "one size fits all" flight suit. They grabbed a bunch of pilots to take measurements (note that military pilots are already a "trimmed" sample so far as height and weight are concerned), then averaged out the measurements to get the sizing on the suit. As a final check, they test-fitted this suit on the pilots WHOSE MEASUREMENTS WERE USED TO MAKE THE SUIT. It wasn't an acceptable fit on ANY of the pilots.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I would think that a flight suit, in particular, is something that NEEDS to be custom-fitted o_O Especially, say, the helmet and that oh-so-useful oxygen supply.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X