Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some really great people at this store.

I stopped in tonight to get a few groceries. As I wrote elsewhere on this site, I've recently lost yet another office job -- again, with no prior warnings of any problems with attendance, appearance, attitude, work, etc. Nothing. Nada.

So I go to pay with my debit card ($16 + change) aaaand ... it's declined. I suddenly realize: it's the 15th of the month; my auto insurance has gone through! So I go to the mall where I work -- I've got $11 + change in one account and a negative balance in the other (hope I can get the money in tomorrow morning before it bounces back ... ) These bank machines have suddenly started dispensing $5 bills again (they used to, decades ago, and then they stopped).

So I pull $10 out and find another $3 in change in my car (plus smaller coins) so I go back to get some of the groceries I'd left behind. The ones I keep total ... $13.65. I said to the cashier "Oh, take the cheese out too; I have small change in my car but ..."

Instead ... he tossed the cheese back into the bag, and pulled out HIS debit card and paid the sixty-five cents.

I thanked him and told him how much that meant because of my recent job loss.

Oh, and he thinks they might be hiring too.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Some people are just kind! Finger crossed for you!

Comment

Thanks, Minflick! The odd thing is, several incidents like this have happened since I returned to My Hometown. Obviously some extremely kind people out there. I really hope I can start paying it forward soon!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Pixelated.

Try the local paper too. Some of them are finally hiring again.

Comment

Awwww! That was so nice. Get a job there! <3
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X