Did that just happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did that just happen?

I took a trip to a large BSA camp in WVa for a week-long shooting sports certification and it was about a 7 hr car trip. I knew that the rest of the week I would be too busy to leave camp to eat so I figured that night was the night for a good sit-down dinner. I find a nice nonchain place to get a sweet tea, a water and order, Tea shows up I have about 1/2 and the salad gets brought out, I unwrap the silverware and get out the fork and start adding the dressing....
    ****CRACK!!******
    My glass of sweet tea explodes!
    I look at a guy facing me from a booth on the other side and exclaim did you see that? Yea.
    I was only in town for 2 hours I wondered who was trying to take a shot at me already. Any servers on here ever have this happen? I wouldn't think thermal shock, it had been filled for 5min or so. I was still in shock and holding the dressing cup and fork when the server came over, she was like Yaaaa sureee, but the guy backed me up I wasn;t even touching it. It was a fairly stout glass 1/2 thick bottom and was in 1/4 pieces like broken windshield glass no way I dropped it and did that or even slammed it somehow.
    She was good about it and we joked and got it cleaned up quickly and the MGR came over and checked on things.
    I was kind of freaked out. I turned down a new tea and stuck with my water, and said I was going to keep an eye on it. In fact, I moved the glass to arm's length incase of a second attack.
    I still tipped well and left good but funny reviews I mean this was just freaky. I didn't ask cause I figured they would take the tea off the bill and they did. Thankfully against the rules I had a small amount of adult bev with me, after that long drive and the IED ice tea I had to have some.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.
Working...
X